syntax highlighting legend

Matthew Pritchard

Feb 16, 2021, 2:03:15 AM2/16/21
to vim_use
Hello I am wondering what is the color code for the different colors vim displays. I am also assuming that these colors can be customized. How do I do this?

tu...@posteo.de

Feb 16, 2021, 2:05:20 AM2/16/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com

> ---

in vim try

ESC : h colors

Cheers!
mcc

meine

Feb 20, 2021, 10:08:14 AM2/20/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com
you can open a colorscheme in vim and see how colors are defined. then
build your own, or change some at your need.

//meine

Lifepillar

Feb 20, 2021, 12:26:32 PM2/20/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I'd recommend to start with:

:help coloring

In particular, some conventional names are listed under

:help group-name

The command to change colors is :highlight, so if you just want to
customize some colors of your current color scheme, that should be
enough.

If you want to develop your own color scheme instead, I'd follow the
other suggestion to look at existing color schemes and start tweaking.
This reading may also be useful:

:edit $VIMRUNTIME/colors/Readme.txt

There is a plugin called Colortemplate (developed by myself), which aims
at making the task of building color schemes easier. But it doesn't hurt
to know how things work in Vim first.

Hope this help.
Life.