Debugging my config: filetype is set wrongly...

tu...@posteo.de

Feb 15, 2021, 12:28:38 PM2/15/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is there any way to pinpoint the line, which is "guilty" for
setting a wrong filetyoe somehow?

Background:
Currently I am editing troff files a lot. The extension of that files
are *.mm. *.me, *.tmac, *.ms and so on...depending on what troff macro
package will be used.

Everything works fine...except for the *.mm files. In case of reading
such a file, the filetyoe is set to "xml"...which is slightly wrong.
:)

By using an empty .vimrc I know, that the problem is somewhere inside
my original .vimrc.
Grepping for the usual suspect doesn't show anything obvious, though.

Is there any way to pinpoint the code in my vimrc, which triggers the
problem...?

Cheers!
mcc

Gary Johnson

Feb 15, 2021, 12:39:14 PM2/15/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com
The usual way to find where an option or setting has been made is to
use :verbose, like this:

:verbose set filetype?

Don't forget the question mark at the end.

Regards,
Gary

tu...@posteo.de

Feb 15, 2021, 12:44:39 PM2/15/21