E994: Not allowed in a popup window

mckel...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2021, 10:03:46 AM1/18/21
to vim_use
Hi,

If I use vifm in a vim terminal window and I use <C-w>w to switch to preview window to scroll the file preview I get this -

E994: Not allowed in a popup window

Does anyone know if there is any way to get this to work ?

thx,
-m

mckel...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2021, 12:13:54 PM1/18/21
to vim_use
Hi,

I just wanted to add, I am not trying to go back to main window - I am just wanting to send <C-w>w in app in terminal window for it to use internally.

thx,
-m

Bram Moolenaar

Jan 18, 2021, 12:55:59 PM1/18/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com, mckel...@gmail.com

> I just wanted to add, I am not trying to go back to main window - I am
> just wanting to send <C-w>w in app in terminal window for it to use
> internally.

Try using CTRL-W . w
The dot means "this terminal". See ":help t_CTRL-W_."

--
The CIA drives around in cars with the "Intel inside" logo.

mckel...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2021, 1:08:46 PM1/18/21
to vim_use
Bram, hi

Thanks so much!  That works great.
If <C-w>w in a vim terminal will always get me E994 then do you see a reason to not add something like:

tnoremap <C-w>w  <C-w>.w

to my .vimrc ?

thx for vim,
-m

mckel...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2021, 3:29:57 PM1/18/21
to vim_use
Hi again,

Specifically for vifm, I just discovered <S-Tab> works to switch to/from preview window.

take care,
-m