Re: Redrawing of terminal

Manas

Jan 3, 2021, 5:31:48 AM1/3/21
to v...@vim.org
Hi everyone, I am using terminal inside vim (as vertically splitted
pane). When I switch my non-terminal pane to fullscreen (<C-w><bar>)
and then restore it back (<C-w>=) the terminal gets erased. Even if I
`redraw` the screen, it does not repaint and I have to `clear` terminal
instead and work again.

Any suggestions? (except to not use terminal inside vim)

Thank you
Happy new year :)
--
Manas
CSAM Undergraduate | 2022

Bram Moolenaar

Jan 3, 2021, 8:48:15 AM1/3/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Manas, v...@vim.org

Manas wrote:

> Hi everyone, I am using terminal inside vim (as vertically splitted
> pane). When I switch my non-terminal pane to fullscreen (<C-w><bar>)
> and then restore it back (<C-w>=) the terminal gets erased. Even if I
> `redraw` the screen, it does not repaint and I have to `clear` terminal
> instead and work again.
>
> Any suggestions? (except to not use terminal inside vim)

You can set 'termwinsize' to fix the size of the terminal.
:set terwinsize=24x80
Otherwise the terminal gets resized and the text that was there is lost.

--
From "know your smileys":
*<|:-) Santa Claus (Ho Ho Ho)