Vim 8.2 on OpenBSD

Johannes Degen

Dec 14, 2019, 9:45:13 AM12/14/19
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I noticed OpenBSD was missing from the OS's where building Vim's latest installment were tested. I can confirm it builds without any problems on two of my machines running recent snapshots of OBSD 6.6.
After years of just going with the binaries I'm an even happier Vimmer.

John

--
When in doubt become a philosopher.

Dominique Pellé

Dec 14, 2019, 9:56:37 AM12/14/19
to Vim List
Johannes Degen <jeeh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed OpenBSD was missing from the OS's where building
> Vim's latest installment were tested. I can confirm it builds
> without any problems on two of my machines running recent
> snapshots of OBSD 6.6.
> After years of just going with the binaries I'm an even happier Vimmer.

Thanks. It would be good to report whether all tests pass too (make test)
on OpenBSD.

Regards
Dominique

Bram Moolenaar

Dec 14, 2019, 11:26:11 AM12/14/19
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Johannes Degen

Johannes Degen wrote:

> I noticed OpenBSD was missing from the OS's where building Vim's latest
> installment were tested. I can confirm it builds without any problems on
> two of my machines running recent snapshots of OBSD 6.6.
> After years of just going with the binaries I'm an even happier Vimmer.

Perhaps OpenBSD can be tested on Cirrus?
https://cirrus-ci.com/github/vim/vim

This currently uses https://github.com/vim/vim/blob/master/.cirrus.yml

Hmm, it seems they only support FreeBSD.

--
Edison's greatest achievement came in 1879, when he invented the
electric company. Edison's design was a brilliant adaptation of the