Help about missing mails

Christian Brabandt

Oct 16, 2019, 3:05:38 AM10/16/19
to v...@vim.org, Bram Moolenaar
Hello everybody,

I just received a help request from a subscriber of this list, who
doesn't receive mails anymore. Looking into the groups admin page,
showed his mail address being flagged as "undeliverable" yesterday, but
today it isn't flagged anymore and looks good. So theoretically, google
should try to deliver to his account. However he doesn't see any
attempts in his MTA logs that a delivery attempt from google is made.

There is https://support.google.com/a/topic/1262452 but that does not
mention the particular problem here. I am out of ideas here and since
the google groups interface changed a couple of months ago, it doesn't
seem to be possible to get into contact with google itself. It wants me
to sign up for G Suite Admin account (which costs money) before I can
get support.

So to make a long story short, does anybody here knows a personal
contact to google support that could help us resolve this issue here?

Thanks,
Christian

Bram Moolenaar

Oct 16, 2019, 8:07:42 AM10/16/19
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Christian Brabandt, v...@vim.org
Most likely that's not going to help. I guess what happened is that the
mail server could not be found. I have seen DNS flakiness in the past.

--
If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
If you only have MS-Windows, you tend to solve every problem by rebooting.

sergio

Oct 17, 2019, 9:29:49 PM10/17/19
to v...@vim.org, Bram Moolenaar, cbl...@256bit.org
Christian,

I really appreciate your attention paid to my problem.

I suspected this issue was related to certificate mismatch, but finally
I got an error from google: "The MX host does not match any MX allowed
by the STS policy." So it's due to I forgot to update STS policy on my
side. It's my fault of course, I'm so sorry!