Unwanted underline

28 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

hh h

ulæst,
4. sep. 2019, 07.27.0504.09.2019
til vim_use

I installed 2:8.0.1453-1ubuntu1.1 in Ubuntu 18.4, could anyone explain why vim display underline in system key word, I don't want those underline, how can I set .vimrc to remove those underline?

#include <unistd.h>
#include <inttypes.h>
#include <string>
#include <vector>

Thank you.

Kind regards.

- jh

Christian Brabandt

ulæst,
4. sep. 2019, 07.31.3804.09.2019
til vim_use

On Mi, 04 Sep 2019, hh h wrote:

> I installed 2:8.0.1453-1ubuntu1.1 in Ubuntu 18.4, could anyone explain why vim display underline in system key word, I don't want those underline, how can I set .vimrc to remove those underline?
>
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <inttypes.h>
> #include <string>
> #include <vector>

That is quite a brief problem description. From the context, I assume
you see this with C files, however I don't see that with the mentioned
header lines.

Please provide exact reproduction steps. Start with vim --clean

Oh, and please read at :h ft-c-syntax perhaps there exists a setting for
you to disable this.

Best,
Christian
--
Nicht alles, was zwei Backen hat, ist ein Gesicht.
-- Winfried Bornemann

JH

ulæst,
4. sep. 2019, 21.49.4304.09.2019
til vim...@googlegroups.com
On 9/4/19, Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> wrote:

> On Mi, 04 Sep 2019, hh h wrote:
>

>> I installed 2:8.0.1453-1ubuntu1.1 in Ubuntu 18.4, could anyone explain why
>> vim display underline in system key word, I don't want those underline,
>> how can I set .vimrc to remove those underline?
>>
>> #include <unistd.h>
>> #include <inttypes.h>
>> #include <string>
>> #include <vector>
>
> That is quite a brief problem description. From the context, I assume
> you see this with C files, however I don't see that with the mentioned
> header lines.

With C++ file.

> Please provide exact reproduction steps. Start with vim --clean

Wow, that makes different, it displays color, no underline any more,
how can I run the vim without --clean?

Also, I use .vimrc configure, what the statement can I add to .vimrc
to turn the color off?

Thank you Christian

Eli the Bearded

ulæst,
5. sep. 2019, 18.07.1105.09.2019
til vim...@googlegroups.com

JH wrote:
> Wow, that makes different, it displays color, no underline any more,
> how can I run the vim without --clean?
>
> Also, I use .vimrc configure, what the statement can I add to .vimrc
> to turn the color off?

You might like ":syntax off". I have that in my .vimrc.

But to outright disable colors, setting the terminal setting for number
of colors supported to zero is very effective:

:set t_Co=0

All of the t_* settings are termcap overrides, using the same names as
the traditional short termcap names. On my system "man terminfo" gives
the names.

Elijah

Christian Brabandt

ulæst,
6. sep. 2019, 03.55.0106.09.2019
til vim...@googlegroups.com

On Do, 05 Sep 2019, JH wrote:

> On 9/4/19, Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mi, 04 Sep 2019, hh h wrote:
> >

> >> I installed 2:8.0.1453-1ubuntu1.1 in Ubuntu 18.4, could anyone explain why
> >> vim display underline in system key word, I don't want those underline,
> >> how can I set .vimrc to remove those underline?
> >>
> >> #include <unistd.h>
> >> #include <inttypes.h>
> >> #include <string>
> >> #include <vector>
> >
> > That is quite a brief problem description. From the context, I assume
> > you see this with C files, however I don't see that with the mentioned
> > header lines.
>
> With C++ file.
>

> > Please provide exact reproduction steps. Start with vim --clean
>
> Wow, that makes different, it displays color, no underline any more,
> how can I run the vim without --clean?

So check your configuration.

> Also, I use .vimrc configure, what the statement can I add to .vimrc
> to turn the color off?

You don't want colors? Then configure vim to not use syntax
highlighting.
(:h :syn-off)

Best,
Christian
--
Mit einer geballten Faust kann man keinen Händedruck wechseln.
-- Indira Gandhi

Adrian Petrescu

ulæst,
6. sep. 2019, 03.58.0006.09.2019
til vim...@googlegroups.com
On 09/05 11:49AM, JH wrote:
>> Please provide exact reproduction steps. Start with vim --clean
>
>Wow, that makes different, it displays color, no underline any more,
>how can I run the vim without --clean?

All `--clean` does is skip loading .vimrc and all other user-provided
configuration.

>Also, I use .vimrc configure, what the statement can I add to .vimrc
>to turn the color off?

Well, it sounds like it's not something you need to add *to* .vimrc, but
rather something you need to remove *from* .vimrc to solve this problem.
If you post yours, we can probably help you diagnose it; likely it's
some ANSI color code that your terminal doesn't know about and is
choosing to represent it via underline.

--
Adrian
Svar alle