List of mirrors - help needed

33 просмотра

Bram Moolenaar

не прочитано,
21 авг. 2019 г., 07:30:1421.08.2019
– vim...@vim.org, v...@vim.org, vim...@vim.org

The ftp protocol is slowly fading away. Still, we provide the Vim
sources through ftp. Many sites also support using http or https. The
list of mirrors is outdated now, and I would like to change the order to
put the https sites first.

You can find the current list here: https://www.vim.org/mirrors.php

I would like someone to take the current list, remove the links that no
longer work, and find more https links. I susped quite of few of the
http links also support https, but that needs to be tried, and the
domain might be different to match the certificate.

For example, the main site is linked to with ftp://ftp.home.vim.org/pub/vim/
but is also available as http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/
and https://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/vim/

Is there someone who can take care of this, and send me to cleaned up
list?

--
There's no place like $(HOME)!

Christian Brabandt

не прочитано,
21 авг. 2019 г., 07:34:0821.08.2019
– vim...@googlegroups.com, v...@vim.org, vim...@vim.org, Bram Moolenaar

On Mi, 21 Aug 2019, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> The ftp protocol is slowly fading away. Still, we provide the Vim
> sources through ftp. Many sites also support using http or https. The
> list of mirrors is outdated now, and I would like to change the order to
> put the https sites first.
>
> You can find the current list here: https://www.vim.org/mirrors.php
>
> I would like someone to take the current list, remove the links that no
> longer work, and find more https links. I susped quite of few of the
> http links also support https, but that needs to be tried, and the
> domain might be different to match the certificate.
>
> For example, the main site is linked to with ftp://ftp.home.vim.org/pub/vim/
> but is also available as http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/
> and https://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/vim/
>
> Is there someone who can take care of this, and send me to cleaned up
> list?

Let me take care of this.

Best,
Christian
--
Es muß übrigens darauf hingewiesen werden, daß die Gesellschaft, die
os heftig bestrebt ist, die Rechte des Embryos zu verteidigen, sich um

Bram Moolenaar

не прочитано,
21 авг. 2019 г., 08:02:3821.08.2019
– Rafal Maszkowski, vim...@googlegroups.com, v...@vim.org, vim...@vim.org, Bram Moolenaar

Rafal Maszkowski wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 01:33:54PM +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> > On Mi, 21 Aug 2019, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> …
> > > You can find the current list here: https://www.vim.org/mirrors.php
> > > I would like someone to take the current list, remove the links that no
> > > longer work, and find more https links. I susped quite of few of the
> > > http links also support https, but that needs to be tried, and the
> > > domain might be different to match the certificate.
> …
> > > Is there someone who can take care of this, and send me to cleaned up
> > > list?
> > Let me take care of this.
>
> Our site (Poland, Warsaw, ICM) is listed as
> ftp://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/ only. The complete set of our protocols
> is:
>
> ftp://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
> http://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
> https://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
> rsync://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
> gopher://ftp.pl.vim.org/1/pub/vim/
>
> The main name of the site is ftp.icm.edu.pl or sunsite.icm.edu.pl.

Typical case of where the https link doesn't work with the vim.org
domain. This one does work: https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/vim/

--
I AM THANKFUL...
...for the taxes that I pay because it means that I am employed.

Rafal Maszkowski

не прочитано,
21 авг. 2019 г., 22:51:4121.08.2019
– vim...@googlegroups.com, v...@vim.org, vim...@vim.org, Bram Moolenaar
On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 01:33:54PM +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> On Mi, 21 Aug 2019, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> > You can find the current list here: https://www.vim.org/mirrors.php
> > I would like someone to take the current list, remove the links that no
> > longer work, and find more https links. I susped quite of few of the
> > http links also support https, but that needs to be tried, and the
> > domain might be different to match the certificate.

> > Is there someone who can take care of this, and send me to cleaned up
> > list?
> Let me take care of this.

Our site (Poland, Warsaw, ICM) is listed as
ftp://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/ only. The complete set of our protocols
is:

ftp://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
http://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
https://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
rsync://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
gopher://ftp.pl.vim.org/1/pub/vim/

The main name of the site is ftp.icm.edu.pl or sunsite.icm.edu.pl.

R.
--
„Walczy on z całym zapamiętaniem przeciwko intelektowi” - z akt personalnych prof. A. Baeumlera

– Bram Moolenaar, vim...@googlegroups.com, v...@vim.org, vim...@vim.org
On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 02:02:20PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Rafal Maszkowski wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 01:33:54PM +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> > > On Mi, 21 Aug 2019, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > …
> > …
> > > Let me take care of this.
> > Our site (Poland, Warsaw, ICM) is listed as
> > ftp://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/ only. The complete set of our protocols
> > is:
> > ftp://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
> > http://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
> > https://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
> > rsync://ftp.pl.vim.org/pub/vim/
> > gopher://ftp.pl.vim.org/1/pub/vim/
> > The main name of the site is ftp.icm.edu.pl or sunsite.icm.edu.pl.
> Typical case of where the https link doesn't work with the vim.org
> domain. This one does work: https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/vim/

Sorry for that. Now it works.

Anton Shepelev

не прочитано,
24 авг. 2019 г., 11:52:0124.08.2019
– vim...@googlegroups.com
Bram Moolenaar:

> The ftp protocol is slowly fading away. Still, we provide
> the Vim sources through ftp.

Anonymous FTP is great. It means I can download software
without a bloated browser that updates once a week. And it
does not force me to upgrade my software, then the OS, then
the PC, simply to keep abrest with the constant development
of new protocols and APIs. I can access FTP archives with
the same software that I used twenty years ago, which will
continue to work in another twenty years. A stable
data-exchage protocol is a blessing.

> I would like someone to take the current list, remove the
> links that no longer work, and find more https links.

Many https: links no longer work for me in Windows XP. Is
there any reason for providing public software via HTTPS?

Anyway, please keep the FTP and HTTP mirrors, in addition
to the HTTPS ones.

--
Please, do not forward replies to my e-mail.

Bram Moolenaar

не прочитано,
24 авг. 2019 г., 13:24:5224.08.2019
– vim...@googlegroups.com, Anton Shepelev
Nothing is going away, we just cleaned up the list and put https and
http first, because that's what most people prefer to use. Quite a few
people prefer the secure connection, but it indeed has many more
dependencies.

111. You and your friends get together regularly on IRC, even though
all of you live in the same city.

George Dinwiddie

не прочитано,
24 авг. 2019 г., 13:31:3824.08.2019
– vim...@googlegroups.com
Anton

On 8/24/19 11:51 AM, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Many https: links no longer work for me in Windows XP. Is
> there any reason for providing public software via HTTPS?

Yes, as otherwise a man-in-the-middle attack could give you a version of
vim with malware inserted.

You may find wget (https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/faq.html#download)
useful for ftp simplicity retrieving http and https URLs.

- George

Consultant and Coach

Richard Mitchell

не прочитано,
24 авг. 2019 г., 14:23:4624.08.2019
– vim_use

On Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 1:24:52 PM UTC-4, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
111. You and your friends get together regularly on IRC, even though
     all of you live in the same city.

I was expecting the last word to be "house" or at most "block".

Isn't IRC old?  Guess things have changed since then.
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать
0 новых сообщений