Auto re-width Vertical Split to longest line visible in pane

Philip Rhoades

Feb 22, 2022, 5:08:39 AM2/22/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
People,

I routinely have a Vim window with two vertical splits giving me three
panes - the first two panes are views on a text file and the third pane
is a vertical terminal.

Is there a way for auto-sizing the width of the two left panes when I am
scrolling up and down in them so that the width of the pane is the
length of the longest visible line + one space?

This will allow for the third pane always having the greatest width for
doing terminal things while not truncating any lines in panes 1 and 2 .
.

Thanks,

Phil.
--