Delete key now left-expanding the selection?

Felipe Gasper

Jan 30, 2020, 6:26:37 PM1/30/20
to vim_mac
Hello,

If I select a block of text in macvim then hit Delete, macvim will now expand the text selection leftward rather than deleting the block of text, as it has been doing.

I _think_ I’m seeing this because I updated my MacPorts; it’s now using snapshot 161.

This behavior doesn’t happen in GUI vim, just macvim.

Is there a setting I can set so that Delete will delete the selected text?

Thank you!

-Felipe Gasper

Yee Cheng Chin

Feb 6, 2020, 6:30:51 AM2/6/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com
It seems to work for me. Are you talking about a Mac's "delete" key which is usually the backspace on other computers? Or the normal Delete key? Have you tried using "mvim --clean" to see if it's local settings?