Need help with vim-plug

Eric Weir

Mar 14, 2022, 10:59:51 AM3/14/22
to vim_use, vim_mac

I’d like to switch from vundle to vim-plug for managing plugins. I copied the vim-plug script and pasted it into ~.vim/autoload. I put the following at the top of my .vimrc:

call plug#begin(~/.vim/plugged')

Plug ’xolox/vim-misc’
Plug ‘xolox/vim-session'
Plug ‘xolox/vim-notes'
Plug ‘davidoc/taskpaper.vim'
Plug ‘vimwiki/vimwiki'
Plug 'junegunn/vim-plug'

" Initialize plugin system
call plug#end()

If I’ve understood correctly, that should be sufficient. But when I issue PlugInstall I get “Not an editor command.”

I have MacVim with Vim 8.2.

Help appreciated. I’m a user. A writer not a coder. I developed a useful and comfortable configuration with mountains of help from these listservs. Limited ability to troubleshoot.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA USA
eew...@comcast.net

“Look deep into nature, you will understand everything better.”

- Albert Einstein

Robert

May 23, 2022, 8:19:00 PM5/23/22
to vim_mac
On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 10:59:51 AM UTC-4 Eric Weir wrote:

I’d like to switch from vundle to vim-plug for managing plugins. I copied the vim-plug script and pasted it into ~.vim/autoload. I put the following at the top of my .vimrc:

call plug#begin(~/.vim/plugged')

There is a missing quote mark. Is it missing in your .vimrc as well?

--
Bob

Eric Weir

Jun 1, 2022, 11:16:48 AM6/1/22
to vim_mac
Thanks, Robert. Actually there was more than one quote missing. There was inconsistent quoting around the plugin names, too.

Problem solved.

Thanks again,