CSS syntax suddenly produces lots of errors

71 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Tony Mechelynck

da leggere,
9 apr 2024, 19:02:179 apr
a Christian Brabandt, vim_dev
Suddenly when opening a CSS file in Vim (or when opening an HTML file,
because HTML syntax invokes CSS syntax), I see a huge lot of errors.
This is at patchlevel 9.1.296 or earlier. I didn't see it a few days
ago but I'm not sure at which changeset it appeared.

I'm copying below what I saw while opening one HTLM file :

"pub/public/nb_au/nbau.contents.html"

"pub/public/nb_au/nbau.contents.html" 26L, 799B
Error detected while processing BufRead Autocommands for
"*.html"..function dist#ft#FThtml[13]..FileType Autocommands for
"*"..Syntax Autocommands for "*"..function <SNR>11_SynSet[25]..script
/usr/local/share/vim/vim91/syntax/html.vim[308]../usr/local/share/vim/vim91/syntax/css.vim:
line 129:
E409: Unknown group name:
cssValue.*,cssFunction,cssColor,cssStringQ,cssStringQQ oneline
E475: Invalid argument: cssMathGroup contained
matchgroup=cssMathParens start="(" end=")"
containedin=cssFunction,cssMathGroup
contains=cssCustomProp,cssValue.*,cssFunction,cssColor,cssStringQ,cssStringQQ
oneline
line 130:
E409: Unknown group name:
cssValue.*,cssFunction,cssURL,cssColor,cssStringQ,cssStringQQ oneline
E475: Invalid argument: cssFunction contained
matchgroup=cssFunctionName start="\<\(var\|calc\)\s*(" end=")"
contains=cssCustomProp,cssValue.*,cssFunction,cssURL,cssColor,cssStringQ,cssStringQQ
oneline
line 453:
E409: Unknown group name:
css.*Prop,cssComment,cssValue.*,cssColor,cssURL,cssImportant,cssCustomProp,cssError,cssStringQ,cssStringQQ,cssFunction,cssUnicodeEscape,cssVendor,cssDefinition,cssHacks,cssNoise
fold
E475: Invalid argument: cssDefinition transparent matchgroup=cssBraces
start='{' end='}'
contains=cssTagName,cssAttributeSelector,cssClassName,cssIdentifier,cssAtRule,cssAttrRegion,css.*Prop,cssComment,cssValue.*,cssColor,cssURL,cssImportant,cssCustomProp,cssError,cssStringQ,cssStringQQ,cssFunction,cssUnicodeEscape,cssVendor,cssDefinition,cssHacks,cssNoise
fold
line 498:
E409: Unknown group name:
css.*Attr,cssColor,cssImportant,cssValue.*,cssFunction,cssString.*,cssURL,cssComment,cssUnicodeEscape,cssVendor,cssError,cssAttrComma,cssNoise
E475: Invalid argument: cssAttrRegion start=/:/
end=/\ze\(;\|)\|}\|{\)/ contained
contains=cssPseudoClassId,css.*Attr,cssColor,cssImportant,cssValue.*,cssFunction,cssString.*,cssURL,cssComment,cssUnicodeEscape,cssVendor,cssError,cssAttrComma,cssNoise
line 502:
E409: Unknown group name:
css.*Prop,css.*Attr,cssColor,cssImportant,cssValue.*,cssFunction,cssString.*,cssURL,cssComment,cssUnicodeEscape,cssVendor,cssError,cssAttrComma,cssNoise
E475: Invalid argument: cssAttrRegion start=/transition\s*:/
end=/\ze\(;\|)\|}\)/ contained
contains=css.*Prop,css.*Attr,cssColor,cssImportant,cssValue.*,cssFunction,cssString.*,cssURL,cssComment,cssUnicodeEscape,cssVendor,cssError,cssAttrComma,cssNoise
line 527:
E409: Unknown group name:
css.*Prop,cssValue.*,cssVendor,cssAtKeyword,cssComment
nextgroup=cssDefinition
E475: Invalid argument: cssAtRule start=/@supports\>/ end=/\ze{/
skipwhite skipnl
contains=cssAtRuleLogical,cssAttrRegion,css.*Prop,cssValue.*,cssVendor,cssAtKeyword,cssComment
nextgroup=cssDefinition
Error detected while processing BufRead Autocommands for
"*.html"..function dist#ft#FThtml[13]..FileType Autocommands for
"*"..Syntax Autocommands for "*"..function <SNR>11_SynSet[25]..script
/usr/local/share/vim/vim91/syntax/html.vim:
line 312:
E409: Unknown group name:
css.*Attr,css.*Prop,cssComment,cssLength,cssColor,cssURL,cssImportant,cssError,cssString,@htmlPreproc
E475: Invalid argument: htmlCssDefinition matchgroup=htmlArg
start='style="' keepend matchgroup=htmlString end='"'
contains=css.*Attr,css.*Prop,cssComment,cssLength,cssColor,cssURL,cssImportant,cssError,cssString,@htmlPreproc

Best regards,
Tony.

Maxim Kim

da leggere,
9 apr 2024, 21:50:259 apr
a vim_dev
Have same version, no issues opening html file with embedded css.

Christian Brabandt

da leggere,
10 apr 2024, 02:44:4210 apr
a vim_dev
Hm, may it be related to my patch: https://github.com/vim/vim/pull/14433

It also seems to break on FreeBSD and MacOS CI, so I am planning to back
it out later today.

Can you please check v9.1.295? And can you also check if `:set re=1` helps?

If this is indeed that patch causing the issue, can you please share the
html file?

Thanks,
Christian
--
Because the wine remembers.

shane.qian

da leggere,
10 apr 2024, 03:15:1410 apr
a vim_dev
> > Suddenly when opening a CSS file in Vim (or when opening an HTML file,
> > because HTML syntax invokes CSS syntax), I see a huge lot of errors.
> > This is at patchlevel 9.1.296 or earlier. I didn't see it a few days
> > ago but I'm not sure at which changeset it appeared.
>
> Hm, may it be related to my patch: https://github.com/vim/vim/pull/14433
>
> It also seems to break on FreeBSD and MacOS CI, so I am planning to back
> it out later today.
>
> Can you please check v9.1.295? And can you also check if `:set re=1` helps?

i am using v9.1.296, did not see this error.
however, 'cssMathParens' seems truly not existed?
// perhaps not related your patch, but syntax wrong.

--
shane.xb.qian

Maxim Kim

da leggere,
10 apr 2024, 03:22:3910 apr
a vim_dev

> And can you also check if `:set re=1` helps?

I did `:set re=1` and got same error

Screenshot from 2024-04-10 17-22-04.png

Maxim Kim

da leggere,
10 apr 2024, 03:33:1210 apr
a vim_dev
Tried the same in v9.1.0295 -- works both with `:set re=1` and `:set re=0`

Christian Brabandt

da leggere,
10 apr 2024, 03:33:2510 apr
a vim...@googlegroups.com

On Mi, 10 Apr 2024, Maxim Kim wrote:

> > And can you also check if `:set re=1` helps?
>
> I did `:set re=1` and got same error

You only get the error with :set re=1? But :set re=2 works?
Hm...

Thanks,
Christian
--
Yow! Those people look exactly like Donnie and Marie Osmond!!

Maxim Kim

da leggere,
10 apr 2024, 03:36:3210 apr
a vim_dev
>You only get the error with :set re=1? But :set re=2 works?

I have just tried `:set re=2` -- works too

Maxim Kim

da leggere,
10 apr 2024, 03:40:3210 apr
a vim_dev
oh 2 was probably auto selected for me when 0 was set :)

shane.qian

da leggere,
10 apr 2024, 05:34:1510 apr
a vim...@googlegroups.com, j...@jaysitter.com

Jay Sitter

da leggere,
22 apr 2024, 02:26:1822 apr
a vim...@googlegroups.com
I can’t reproduce this when opening a CSS file in Vim 9.1.350 with `syntax on`

Do you have any plugins installed? Can you try reproducing with `vim -u NONE` to load without any config?

shane.qian

da leggere,
22 apr 2024, 02:52:2922 apr
a vim...@googlegroups.com

> >> i am using v9.1.296, did not see this error.
> >> however, 'cssMathParens' seems truly not existed?
> >> // perhaps not related your patch, but syntax wrong.
> >>

> > cc: j...@jaysitter.com to maintainer
> >

> I can’t reproduce this when opening a CSS file in Vim 9.1.350 with `syntax on`
> Do you have any plugins installed? Can you try reproducing with `vim -u NONE` to load without any config?

it was an issue at 9.1.296 which Tony reported, but later it backout at 9.1.297; but i did not face same issue even it was 9.1.296;
regardless this issue, my rough thinking at that time was 'cssMathParens' was missing definition, but i maybe wrong too;
so if you checked now there is no issue, then it should be ok now, sorry if bother.

--
shane.xb.qian
Rispondi a tutti