Fwd: Bug tracking for vim-perl

Tony Mechelynck

Apr 14, 2020, 3:44:07 PM4/14/20
to Bram Moolenaar, vim_dev
After sending a message to the address vim-...@googlegroups.com
mentioned as "maintainer" at top of the Perl ftplugin
$VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/perl.vim I got the message below. IIUC this means
that the maintainer address should be changed. The syntax and indent
perl.vim scripts, as well as all three perl6.vim scripts, already
include the "new" reporting address.

Best regards,
Tony.

Please report your problem to the GitHub issue tracker at
https://github.com/vim-perl/vim-perl

Bram Moolenaar

Apr 15, 2020, 3:06:11 PM4/15/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Tony Mechelynck

Tony wrote:

> After sending a message to the address vim-...@googlegroups.com
> mentioned as "maintainer" at top of the Perl ftplugin
> $VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/perl.vim I got the message below. IIUC this means
> that the maintainer address should be changed. The syntax and indent
> perl.vim scripts, as well as all three perl6.vim scripts, already
> include the "new" reporting address.

I already see the github URL there. Only with "http" instead of
"https".
I only see the compiler plugin use another header, but I think that's
indeed from someone else.

--
DENNIS: Look, strange women lying on their backs in ponds handing out
swords ... that's no basis for a system of government. Supreme

Tony Mechelynck

Apr 16, 2020, 6:28:26 PM4/16/20
to Bram Moolenaar, vim_dev
On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:06 PM Bram Moolenaar <Br...@moolenaar.net> wrote:

> Tony wrote:
>
> > After sending a message to the address vim-...@googlegroups.com
> > mentioned as "maintainer" at top of the Perl ftplugin
> > $VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/perl.vim I got the message below. IIUC this means
> > that the maintainer address should be changed. The syntax and indent
> > perl.vim scripts, as well as all three perl6.vim scripts, already
> > include the "new" reporting address.
>
> I already see the github URL there. Only with "http" instead of
> "https".

Ah, yes: under "Bugs/requests", but I set the "Maintainer" as CC and
got the mentioned rebuff. The ftplugin begins as follows:

" Vim filetype plugin file
" Language: Perl
" Maintainer: vim-perl <vim-...@googlegroups.com>
" Homepage: http://github.com/vim-perl/vim-perl
" Bugs/requests: http://github.com/vim-perl/vim-perl/issues
" Last Change: 2015-02-09

Looks like the so-called "Maintainer" has gone AWOL. (The most recent
post on that Google Group is from September 2017.)

> I only see the compiler plugin use another header, but I think that's
> indeed from someone else.
>
> --
> DENNIS: Look, strange women lying on their backs in ponds handing out
> swords ... that's no basis for a system of government. Supreme
> executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
> farcical aquatic ceremony.
> "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD
>
> /// Bram Moolenaar -- Br...@Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\

Best regards,
Tony.