Not being able to use it on chrome, says use firefox

JnAj

Nov 16, 2022, 6:40:05 PM11/16/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Not being able to use it on chrome, says use firefox. Can you please give me my license key for Firefox.  I have hardly used the plugin for which I had paid $15.
Thanks,

Wild Willy

Nov 16, 2022, 6:50:06 PM11/16/22
to Video Download Helper Google Group
It seems like a clarification of what exactly the VDH license is would help you. Click
this:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/BzPLK2YyL-s

There's lots of useful stuff in there that you should read, if not today, eventually.
Relevant to this situation, do a string search for "philosophy" within the text of that
web page. That will reposition the page to a reference that contains a link. Click the
link & read what you find. You will learn the VDH for Chrome does not download content
from YouTube. This is not a technological restriction. Michel could easily have written
VDH for Chrome to download from YouTube. But Google does not permit it. So VDH for
Chrome is legally prevented from downloading from YouTube. As for transferring a VDH for
Chrome license to VDH for Firefox, that is also explained in the reference you will read.
Do make the effor to read that. It will be most helpful.

jcv...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2022, 2:41:58 AM11/17/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,
I sent you a new Chrome license key to replace your old Google registration.
Sorry I can't change it to a Firefox premium.
Chrome and Firefox premium are separate products with different prices and features.
jerome

A J

Nov 22, 2022, 11:55:41 AM11/22/22
to jcv...@gmail.com, Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Don't you think it is unfair that you cannot switch or offer me a Firefox license?
I have hardly used the product, and when I tried to use it, this was the limitation I ran into.
Can you refund then my chrome costs of $14.99 (order CWS.0665-2052-6511-47315).
Anuj

jc vdh

Nov 23, 2022, 2:52:00 AM11/23/22
to A J, Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,

Sorry the refund can be asked in the 3 first months.

jerome

A J

Nov 23, 2022, 9:21:48 AM11/23/22
to jc vdh, Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Of course, screw the customer and not help them in any form or fashion, while you can but still you will not.

Wild Willy

Nov 23, 2022, 10:29:23 AM11/23/22
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Perhaps the VDH folks (of which I am not one . . . I repeat, I do NOT work for VDH, I'm
just another user like so many others here) . . . Perhaps the VDH folks could have made
it clearer what you would get with a license & what you would not get. It seems you
bought a license for VDH for Chrome more than 3 months ago. It is a well-known policy on
their part that you can ask for AND RECEIVE a refund within 3 months of your purchase.
There is a 3-month money-back policy that I have observed here FOR YEARS. The refunds
are requested & they are granted no questions asked. But you have to ask for the refund
within 3 months of buying it. It doesn't matter how little or how much you use the
license. You bought it & you didn't ask for a refund within 3 months. End of story.
You own that license now for life. Same for Chrome, Firefox, & Edge. Same for Windows &
Mac. (There is no license on Linux.) This forum is full of evidence of that happening.
OK, you aren't someone who visits this forum frequently & reads a lot of the posts here.
That's not really an excuse. Any forum such as this is MEANT to be SEARCHED. You
obviously didn't do that. Shame on you. I recommend you search this forum using
"refund" as your search key. Prove it to yourself that I am telling you like it is. The
only fault I can place here is a lack of clear documentation on the VDH web site. But I
cited a link above that makes an attempt to compensate for that shortcoming. If you
didn't take the time to read what I said above, if you didn't take the time to click the
link I gave, then you are living in a world of insufficient knowledge. Educate yourself
& you won't be so upset. I can attest that VDH most definitely DOES NOT screw the user.
And this forum is ample evidence that help is READILY AVAILABLE here if you just post a
proper problem report. But when it comes to licenses, that's not an issue with the
software. The license works the way it does & you obviously made no effort to learn how
it works. You have absolutely 0 right to be upset. You made faulty assumptions & are
upset that reality doesn't match your fantasy. I have no sympathy for you.

jcv...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2022, 2:17:28 AM11/24/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,
You purchased more than 2 years ago a 15$ product, and now you ask for a refund. Do you really think we screw customers if we say it is not possible ?
jerome