Glitch in MB109B in 3D scene

Christina May

Apr 14, 2020, 11:56:30 AM4/14/20
to sup...@virtualflybrain.org
To whom it may concern,

I am a graduate student in Monica Dus's lab at the University of Michigan, and we are completing revisions on a manuscript. One of the finishing touches for our paper is to compare brain expression patterns of a few split-Gal4 lines from JRC, for which Virtual Fly Brain is the perfect tool! However, one of these lines, MB109B, seems to have a glitch when it is added to the 3D brain "scene", in that it aligns outside the brain proper (seems to be too far posterior, though by cross-referencing it seems that it's placed correctly along the other two axes).

I have attached a couple of screenshots which show the problem, along with screenshots of another split-Gal4 line which is properly aligned.

I write to ask if this glitch can be fixed, and hopefully soon, as we would like to submit our revised manuscript in the next week?

Thank you for your help! Respectfully,
Christina May

--
Neuroscience Graduate Program
Dus Lab

Greg Jefferis

Apr 15, 2020, 3:29:15 AM4/15/20
to Christina May, sup...@virtualflybrain.org
Dear Christina,

Rob Court in Edinburgh will probably need to pick this up, but I think that the stack for that source image probably had the slices in the wrong order – e.g. because the brain was upside down on the slide. IIRC those registrations came from Janelia directly, so it might take a bit of coordination to replace. As I'm sure you know, you can get aligned stacks from

and perhaps those could still suit your purpose.

All the best,

Greg.

--
Support Message for http://www.VirtualFlyBrain.org
<MB109B side.png><MB301B front.png><MB109B front.png><MB109B top.png><MB301B side.png><MB301B top.png>