Contradictory information between two pages (C2 and C3)

Felix Simon

Sep 5, 2018, 1:31:17 PM9/5/18
to sup...@virtualflybrain.org
Hi,

I would like to report some contradictory information between two pages of the VFB. The page bellow states that centrifugal neuron C2 is "synapsed_by centrifugal neuron C3" but also that "It outputs to centrifugal neuron C3".

Moreover, on the page bellow, centrifugal neuron C3 is not listed as interacting with C2 in any ways.

Therefore, to me it is not clear whether C2 is synapsed by C3, synapsed to C3, or don't interact with C3.

Best,
Felix Simon

Robbie Court

Sep 10, 2018, 1:04:42 PM9/10/18
to VFB support
Hi Felix,

Just wanted to thank you for getting in touch and say I've passed this onto our curation team to take a look and see what needs correcting.

Thanks,

Rob Court
VirtualFlyBrain.org

David Osumi-Sutherland

Sep 10, 2018, 1:20:51 PM9/10/18
to Felix Simon, sup...@virtualflybrain.org, Clare Pilgrim
Dear Felix,

Many thanks for getting in contact.

On 5 Sep 2018, at 18:31, Felix Simon <simo...@nyu.edu> wrote:

Hi,

I would like to report some contradictory information between two pages of the VFB. The page bellow states that centrifugal neuron C2 is "synapsed_by centrifugal neuron C3" but also that "It outputs to centrifugal neuron C3".

That does sound wrong.  The definition of C2 states: "It [C2] outputs to centrifugal neuron C3 (Takemura et al., 2013)."  This corresponds to the reference: Takemura et al., 2013, Nature 500(7461): 175–181

I checked this and can’t see any connections between C2 and C3 in the medulla connectome depicted in Figure 3.  I also checked the earlier Takemura paper (2008) and couldn’t find reference to this there either - so  this looks like a curation error.  I’ve CC’d  Clair Pilgrim who will be able to fix this in our anatomy ontology.

Cheers,
David

--
Support Message for http://www.VirtualFlyBrain.org