Fly and Mammalian Brain

S. Chakraborty

Apr 3, 2018, 12:52:00 AM4/3/18
to sup...@virtualflybrain.org
Dear Concern,

I am a fly biologist and I am making a transition to mammalian neurobiology. I have been looking for a source where I could find information about different brain regions in Drosophila and their corresponding analogous regions in the rat/human brain, with functional information. These information are scattered and at times inconsistent in different research papers. I am wondering if you would be able to direct me to a genuine source where I could find this at one place.

Thank you in advance.
Sumita

Marta Costa

Apr 3, 2018, 2:35:42 PM4/3/18
to S. Chakraborty, sup...@virtualflybrain.org
Dear Sumita,

As far as I know, there isn’t a comprehensive resource for what you want, except for more general anatomy, as it is hard to establish those relationships between fly and mammals.

Below are some links that might be useful though.

Uberon is an integrated cross-species anatomy ontology

And Monarch, the homologous for phenotype, focusing on disease.

Best wishes,
Marta Costa

--
Marta Costa, PhD