Don Ordes news

Rick Zieger

Dec 23, 2020, 4:57:33 PM12/23/20
to Google
Just saw a Facebook post that Don died.

Rick

Peggy Brenner

Dec 23, 2020, 5:35:22 PM12/23/20
to 'Rick Zieger' via VFB Mail
I just saw this as well, it seems every week we are loosing another fly tyer. Let's all have a silent prayer moment in his honor.

Peggy

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 4:57 PM 'Rick Zieger' via VFB Mail <vfb-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Just saw a Facebook post that Don died.

Rick

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vfb-mail/1039418061.3055573.1608760650661%40mail.yahoo.com.

--
Peggy Brenner
www: SixSistersFlybox.com

Byard Miller

Dec 23, 2020, 5:39:42 PM12/23/20
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
RIP DonO. You were a special friend and will be missed by so many

Sent from Byard's iPhone

Pete Gramp

Dec 26, 2020, 7:45:32 PM12/26/20
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
I was very close with Don, and this just hit me like a ton of bricks. Though we’ve been separated geographically a little bit now, it can be said that my closest fishing buddy just passed. We shared a special connection in that I got him in touch with a doctor to treat (out of respect for him, and his family, I’ll just say) “a severe nerve issue in his jaw” that made him “saddened” by the pain.  Regardless, he took my son under his wing and was tutoring him in the ways of rope dubbing and fly tying in general.  I’m still a bit in shock.  He will be sorely missed.
-Pete

Beer mit

Dec 27, 2020, 2:09:44 AM12/27/20
to Byard Miller, vfb-...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Last week. Great shame.

Regards,

Reuven

Jack Harford

Dec 27, 2020, 7:26:09 AM12/27/20
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
May Don Ordes have a peaceful and pleasant journey to beautiful streams of love in the next world.

God Bless You Don,
Jack

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.

Scott Bearden

Dec 27, 2020, 2:38:04 PM12/27/20
to Virtual Box Fly
We have lost a lot of good friends this year. I hope Don finds willing trout rising to dry flies in heaven.

Scott

Beer mit

Dec 28, 2020, 5:58:41 AM12/28/20
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
It is more a case of what can be tied. If all his dreams come true, I am sure he will find the penguin feathers I hunted for him over the years to complete his tripolar, and tie an elephant fly(apparently easy to come by over there ;)

Regards,

Reuven

On 27 Dec 2020, at 21:38, Scott Bearden <scott....@gmail.com> wrote:

Message has been deleted

dsdu...@msn.com

Dec 28, 2020, 10:41:05 AM12/28/20
to VFB Mail

I'm having a hard time with all the loss lately. It's hard enough to distance my self while working at the hospital but when good friends are passing also it's really difficult. I've had this week off so I'm just sitting at home and I broke out my vise and washed the dust off. I have been so busy with working and other life things that it's so nice to get back to "me." I have so many wonderful memories of Don and more than a few of his outrageous creations that I have displayed in my home. They keep me close to all of you daily. Stay Safe everyone!
Regards,
Deb "Duran" Neuwirth

Phxflytyer

Jan 6, 2021, 11:08:43 AM1/6/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry for the late reply but I was not able to post to the list????? No idea why.
Just recd 250 emails.
I just wanted to say that I as well as his wife Cheryl will appreciate all of these well wishes and  recalls of Don ?

Sent from my iPad

Thank You,
Alan Di Somma
Mesa, Az.

Some mistakes are just too much fun to make only once.

Real funny Scotty?
Now beam down my clothes!!!!!