Test

Neville Gosling

Dec 31, 2020, 7:48:02 PM12/31/20
to VFB
Google groups are dropping all groups . This is a test to see if it has happened

Allan Fish

Dec 31, 2020, 7:57:32 PM12/31/20
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
I thought so too, but actually, I think it is Yahoo that’s dropping all groups.  Google is revising their groups in some way that should be seamless………I hope.

a.

KP

Jan 1, 2021, 11:07:25 AM1/1/21
to VFB Mail

So if we want to keep our merry band together why not set up a Facebook or WhatsApp page/group? Wouldnt have to wait 24 hours to get a reply as it will be almost instant? Set it as a private group leave the contact options on here so anyone who wants to stay in touch can pop over to the new location. And that way we would not have a “me too” email that is forty foot long cos no one removed the original emails from the reply. If you choose whatsapp you can video message at no cost etc.

Happy New Year all

Allan Fish

Jan 1, 2021, 11:30:15 AM1/1/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 1, 2021, at 11:07 AM, 'KP' via VFB Mail <vfb-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

So if we want to keep our merry band together why not set up a Facebook or WhatsApp page/group?

Great idea, Keith.  Why don’t you set it up?  Need someone much younger than me to be the ‘guardian’.

Al

Rene Zillmann

Feb 8, 2021, 6:54:32 AM2/8/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com

Gang,

is anybody interested in setting up such a facebook group? I do not have a facebook account yet, but that would be a good reason to get  an account there.

What do y'all think?

Rene

On 1/1/21 5:07 PM, 'KP' via VFB Mail wrote:

So if we want to keep our merry band together why not set up a Facebook or WhatsApp page/group? Wouldnt have to wait 24 hours to get a reply as it will be almost instant? Set it as a private group leave the contact options on here so anyone who wants to stay in touch can pop over to the new location. And that way we would not have a “me too” email that is forty foot long cos no one removed the original emails from the reply. If you choose whatsapp you can video message at no cost etc.

Happy New Year all

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vfb-mail/f91b53c6-1bd5-437b-91ee-d4ec04677200n%40googlegroups.com.

Ed Roden

Feb 8, 2021, 8:17:53 AM2/8/21
to vfb-mail
It already exists - https://www.facebook.com/groups/42271173976

Ed Roden
Email: flyfished at gmail dot com
Twitter: @flyfished
mittenstateangler.com

Henrietta Lange: The true test of a commander is when he is as frightened and confused as those who look up to him. In that moment, when you can't find it in yourself, you will find it in them. That's leadership.

john ridderbos

Feb 8, 2021, 9:03:32 AM2/8/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
I had no idea it was already a group either, join request sent

Sent from my iPhone

Allan Fish

Feb 8, 2021, 9:06:45 AM2/8/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ed,

My request is in.

Al

295 Village Lane Apt. 243
Greenwood, IN 46143

Rene Zillmann

Feb 8, 2021, 10:17:40 AM2/8/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com

cool, I'll try to join as well, will take some time - I'm not yet on fb.

Rene

Jack Harford

Feb 8, 2021, 10:26:09 AM2/8/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
Also requested to join fb group 😃
Tight lines
Jack

Jim Forshey

Feb 8, 2021, 11:14:20 AM2/8/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
Did I miss something? Is this group going away?

If it is I would be interested in a Groups.io mailing list, basically the same as the the current group.

I am thinking of getting off of Facebook, to much controlling politics by Facebook

Jim
Aquatic Book Shop
Placerville, California
J...@Seahorses.com
¯'·..><((((º>¸.·´¯'·.¸.·´¯'·...¸><((((º>¸.·

On Feb 8, 2021, at 6:06 AM, Allan Fish <afi...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Thanks Ed,

Phxflytyer

Feb 8, 2021, 11:26:52 AM2/8/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
I will not be joining the Facebook web site. I am going to delete my Facebook account. WAY TOO MUCH ADVERTISING stuff that I don’t want to be SPAMMED with.
I also don’t have any use for Zuccerberg and his biased view on politics. I have always been an independent thinker and don’t appreciate any one suggesting how I should or should not think.

Sent from my iPad

Thank You,
Alan Di Somma
Mesa, Az.

Some mistakes are just too much fun to make only once.

Real funny Scotty?
Now beam down my clothes!!!!!

On Feb 8, 2021, at 9:14 AM, Jim Forshey <j...@seahorses.com> wrote:

Did I miss something? Is this group going away?

Peggy Brenner

Feb 8, 2021, 12:37:12 PM2/8/21
to 'Rick Zieger' via VFB Mail
If everyone agrees I'll volunteer to set up the facebook page and invite a group of our members to get it started. We should be open until members find us and then go private. Also, include a couple of easy questions for membership.

Peggy B

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 6:54 AM Rene Zillmann <rene.z...@t-online.de> wrote:

--
Peggy Brenner
www: SixSistersFlybox.com

Neville Gosling

Feb 8, 2021, 12:45:36 PM2/8/21
to VFB
Peggy

It seems that Ed Roden beat you to it by about 12 years. Why he kept it such a secret I don't know and although I don’t like Zuckerberg or Facebook, there are a lot of VFB members there already and I have requested to join.

I don’t like the landing page as it is not connected with fly fishing, but I don’t know if it can be changed

Neville (Nev) Gosling
Greater Vancouver BC
Canada

Peggy Brenner

Feb 8, 2021, 1:07:56 PM2/8/21
to 'Rick Zieger' via VFB Mail
I just requested to join, guess we will have to get the word out.

Byard Miller

Feb 8, 2021, 3:30:57 PM2/8/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
Just be careful about posting any fly recipes or you may be censored or banned. I bailed on FB and twitter ages ago. Your information then belongs to them and not to you!

keep tyin' ... byard

Ed Roden

Feb 8, 2021, 7:00:46 PM2/8/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
I don't remember creating it, but will look to create some other admins and moderators, then we can modify the group header and description and all that good stuff.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 12:45 PM Neville Gosling <nev.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rene Zillmann

Feb 9, 2021, 7:42:13 AM2/9/21
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ed,

thanks for bringing this to life (hope this translates well...). I would not abandon the mailing list, use FB just as an add-on.

KR

Rene