Records for European Hornet (Vespa crabro)

Kent McFarland

Oct 15, 2019, 12:22:30 PM10/15/19
to Vermont-Entomo...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know of previous records for European Hornet (Vespa crabro) in Vermont? I just got two from SE VT area in our Vermont Atlas of Life on iNaturalist project and wondered if these are first.

Thanks
Kent

____________________________

Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
802.649.1431 x201
Twitter: @kpmcfarland

sz...@aol.com

Oct 15, 2019, 1:17:34 PM10/15/19
to vermont-entomo...@googlegroups.com

suki russo

Oct 15, 2019, 6:54:37 PM10/15/19
to Vermont-Entomo...@googlegroups.com, vermont-entomo...@googlegroups.com
wish I was still  working in Randolph. There might be one in the state collection! Maybe Judy can get you in to take a look.
JoAnne

JoAnne Russo
Saxtons River, VT

Micahel Sabourin

Oct 15, 2019, 8:18:52 PM10/15/19
to Vermont-Entomo...@googlegroups.com, vermont-entomo...@googlegroups.com, Judy Rosovsky
It's not a species I'm famaliar with - Judy may be able to check the state collection

Michael

Alan C Graham

Oct 16, 2019, 1:48:49 PM10/16/19
to vermont-entomo...@googlegroups.com, Judy Rosovsky
I haven't identified this species in Vermont.  I don't recall seeing any Vespulidae in the Agency of Agriculture collection.  Trish Hanson or UVM may have collected it.
Alan