Github action binary still reports glibc issues on older Rhel and Centos

Orcun Tagtekin

Dec 2, 2021, 9:25:29 AM12/2/21
to velociraptor-discuss
We have recently moved from GRR to Velociraptor and our company still has numerous older Rhel and Centos machines we need to support. I have found in this group your post about using GitHub Actions however that produced the same result.

Is there any way you can post a official steps to create older versions of clients for Rhel6 and Centos6?

Thank you very much.

Mike Cohen

Dec 2, 2021, 9:39:29 AM12/2/21
to Orcun Tagtekin, velociraptor-discuss
Indeed Github actions removed support for ubuntu 16.04 around sept so we can not have a CI pipeline built.  I do currently make the occasional centos release (I think the last one was on 0.6.0) but this is a manual process since it needs to be built on an older go compiler and does actually require some code changes (so far fairly minor).

We will probably drop support for centos 6 going forward which means you can still use older clients on those systems for a while. I will try to update the build occasionally but it is not guaranteed to be the latest version.

Thanks
Mike

Mike Cohen
Digital Paleontologist,
Velocidex Enterprises
M  ‭+61 470 238 491‬
mi...@velocidex.com

Orcun Tagtekin

Dec 2, 2021, 9:56:07 AM12/2/21
to velociraptor-discuss

Mike, it is really great that you keep up with these conversations. Thank you for a quick response. Is there paid support option for your product?

Mike Cohen

Dec 2, 2021, 9:58:35 AM12/2/21
to Orcun Tagtekin, velociraptor-discuss
We currently support the tool via the open source github, discord, mailing list etc.

There will be a paid option available hopefully in the new year - I hope to have more details soon.

Thanks
Mike

Mike Cohen
Digital Paleontologist,
Velocidex Enterprises
M  ‭+61 470 238 491‬
mi...@velocidex.com

Orcun Tagtekin

Dec 2, 2021, 10:18:07 AM12/2/21
to velociraptor-discuss

Mike just to confirm my understanding, 0.6.0 or below should have support for older version of Rhel and Centos (6). Forking this repo and building it should be able to produce clients that will work on these operating systems?

Mike Cohen

Dec 3, 2021, 2:24:50 AM12/3/21
to Orcun Tagtekin, velociraptor-discuss
You can build at any commit but what I was saying is that I build centos binaries in selected commits (basically when someone asks for them). You can find the centos binaries in the releases page. They may not be completely up to date so just go back from the current release until you find one.

Releases_·_Velocidex_velociraptor.png

Mike Cohen
Digital Paleontologist,
Velocidex Enterprises