vdi config

ali

Jun 12, 2021, 5:21:31 AM6/12/21
to velociraptor-discuss
Dear Mike,

I would like to ask about VDI system configuration.

I'd installed veloci client side by golden image on  more than 100 client using vdi in our organization and also on none-vdi client. when survey them on GUI-veloci, I only see one system and not 100 client separately, I prefers just like other systems that not using vdi system and agents installed on them separately and each one has unique Clint ID,  vdi clients can be seen by unique id and each one can be reached separately.

I'm running Velociraptor's server on a Linux machine.(last version) and clinets are using windows.

THX
Ali

Mike Cohen

Jun 12, 2021, 8:24:35 AM6/12/21
to ali, velociraptor-discuss
Velociraptor uses the write back file located in the config file to store it's private key and client id.

If your vdi image contains that file then all the instances will have the same client id and use the same keys.

You need to make sure that the file is not present in the master image, or somehow remove it during the instance creation.  If you add a script to remove it after the service starts you will need to restart the service as well as the write back file is read at startup

Thanks
Mike