Please request status of our park renovation here

1 view

Ralph Yozzo

Jun 7, 2019, 6:41:48 AM6/7/19
to Van Buren Block Association
Please click here https://www.nycgovparks.org/planning-and-building/capital-project-tracker/contact/5177 and ask what the status of our park renovation is.

It would be nice if we had a friends of the park and found out the status of the von king park renovation.

I recommend that we all click and post a comment similar to this:

Hello my name is Ralph Yozzo and we have a block association on Van Buren St that dead ends  at the park near Tompkins Ave.  Can you tell us the status of the renovation.  Also can you post pictures of the current status.
The park cultural center has been closed so long that we do not even remember when it was open.
Can we set up a tour so that the constituents see the current state and track the renovation.
Thanks,
Ralph

Von King Cultural Arts Center Multipurpose Room Reconstruction

  • Design
    100% complete
  • Procurement
    100% complete
  • Construction
    82% complete

This project will reconstruct the multipurpose room and fire alarm system at Von King Cultural Arts Center in Herbert Von King Park.

Project Update: The contract completion date has changed. Some of the common reasons why a completion date has changed are: issues with a contractor, design error or omission, unexpected field conditions, change in the scope of the project, pending approval and registration of change orders and/or inclement weather.

Project Timeline

Design

Start Date: September 2013
Projected Completion Date: July 2014
Completion Date: August 2016

Procurement

Start Date: August 2016
Projected Completion Date: May 2017
Completion Date: June 2017

Construction

Start Date: September 2017
Projected Completion Date: March 2019
Adjusted Completion Date: April 2020

Understand how we build parks.

Funding

Total Funding: $3,547,000
Funding Sources:
  • Mayoral
  • City Council

Location

Herbert Von King Park , Brooklyn
Tompkins Avenue, Marcy Avenue, Lafayette Avenue, Greene Avenue

Project Staff

Project Liaison: Davey Ives
Contact NYC Parks about this project

Last updated: 05/31/2019

Ralph Yozzo

Oct 14, 2019, 1:05:41 PM10/14/19
to Van Buren Block Association
Submit your request for more information about our park renovation and post the answer here:  https://www.nycgovparks.org/planning-and-building/capital-project-tracker/contact/5177

I've re-submitted the request for status of the Von King Park renovation.

Has anyone heard anything about the park renovation:

This is what I wrote:

We are a block association that is adjacent to the park.

Can you give us all a status.

It appears that the renovation is taking a very long time and it would be helpful to know what is completed.

Thanks

Ralph and the Van Buren Block Association

See below for details.

Ralph Yozzo [cec16nyc]

Nov 13, 2019, 9:13:20 AM11/13/19
to Ralph Yozzo, Van Buren Block Association
As we can all see the Von King Park Cultural Center has not completed.  In fact, has not even changed.

Remember that other areas get services because the people in that area write a lot.  We pay the same taxes and therefore must be aware of what is going on and stay vigilant.

Anyone that would like to collaborate on the unofficial nyc council videos project write to ra...@tidalforce.org

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Bcjn_bsug for a video about the capital budget and parks.

It is truly amazing to listen to.

See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIMHLqwO3YI&feature=youtu.be for an example of what can be done with the videos.  You can add and edit them.  Contact ra...@tidalforce.org if you have any questions.

[...]

Adjusted Completion Date: September 2020

Understand how we build parks.

Funding

Total Funding: $6,517,000

Funding Sources:
  • Mayoral
  • City Council

Location

Herbert Von King Park , Brooklyn
Tompkins Avenue, Marcy Avenue, Lafayette Avenue, Greene Avenue

Project Staff

Project Liaison: Davey Ives
Contact NYC Parks about this project

Last updated: 11/12/2019