Virtualbox Auto Mount(shared directory) getting disabled after applying latest Security Upgrade on Windows Vagrant box

Ritesh M

Feb 15, 2018, 1:27:50 AM2/15/18
to Vagrant

I am using Virtual Box (5.2.6r120293) for launching Microsoft Edge Windows10 vagrant box.

Vagrant box Version: 2.0.1
Virtual Box (5.2.6r120293)
Host OS: Ubuntu 16.04
Guest OS: Microsoft Edge Windows 10

I have kept all the configuration & environment files in host OS(Ubuntu), and the vagrant box(Windows OS) access these files pointing to the shared folder which is automounted as '/vagrant'

Recently in the windows vagrant box, I got an alert to apply latest security path, which I went ahead and did.

After applying the patch the Auto-Mount from the Virtual box has stopped working.

I added below line in the Vagrantfile:

config.vm.synced_folder "/Data/vagrant22", "/vagrant", type: "virtualbox"

I also tried selecting the Auto Mount checkbox form the Virtualbox settings.

Still, the Auto Mount feature is not working.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Feb 15, 2018, 7:16:27 AM2/15/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

if the change did happen in the guest the best is to fix the guest

you can start the VM with GUI or just RDP into

once there reinstall virtualbox guest addidions since thats a requirement for the shared folders

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/f8a7cb5a-b434-449c-b80d-2180c8c03eab%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro