Force vagrant box to use a DNS server

Alan

Jun 29, 2017, 10:57:09 AM6/29/17
to Vagrant
Is there a way (without directly configuring the OS) to specify the DNS server for a vagrant box?

I.e. I want to use the DNS server 8.8.8.8 but the code inside the Vagrant Box should not know that it's using 8.8.8.8 as its DNS server.

Thanks!

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jun 29, 2017, 4:03:28 PM6/29/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

Forget Vagrant for a second, and assume you got the same stack.

Host (which os?) , virtuabox, Guest VM (which os)

How you would do the same?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/961af03a-43f3-43c1-8946-a23fb3bc3dae%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Alan

Jul 3, 2017, 4:20:13 AM7/3/17
to Vagrant
Host OS - Windows (but I don't want my project to assume that the host OS is Windows)
VirtualBox
Guest VM: Ubuntu

I was wondering if there was a Vagrant plugin or feature to allow me to force the guest OS to use 8.8.8.8 but I don't want the guest OS to know that