Ubuntu 16.04 with public_network

Jonathan A.

Jul 25, 2017, 4:12:23 PM7/25/17
to Vagrant
I need a Vagrant setup that has Ubuntu 16.04 and the public_network setting working together. It seems Hashicorp doesn't have a 16.04 (the public_network works on the older ones) and public_network doesn't work on the Official Ubuntu 16.04. There seem to be some workarounds, but I'm looking to make this easy for the developers to use and I don't want to have workarounds.

Are any of the other Ubuntu 16.04 boxes available have both a working public_network and are reasonable stable?

Jonathan Arnold

Jonathan A.

Jul 25, 2017, 4:14:00 PM7/25/17
to Vagrant
I should also add I'm using the Virtual Box Provider.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jul 27, 2017, 12:52:03 AM7/27/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

What issues?

If you share how to reproduce we can have a look.

Try these boxes:

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/b3b1dfdf-3c45-42cb-b417-d4b28e16c77d%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Jonathan A.

Jul 27, 2017, 9:52:11 AM7/27/17
to Vagrant
It's been mentioned in a few places, but if you use the official Ubuntu 16.04 box ("ubuntu/xenial64") and have a public_network setting:

   config.vm.network "public_network"

You only get the NAT interface and don't get the bridged one. Something to do with how the box is built. Right now, I'm using
"xcoo/xenial64" box, which gives me the public_network, but I'll give the cbednarski ones a try too.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Jonathan A. <jda...@gmail.com> wrote:
I need a Vagrant setup that has Ubuntu 16.04 and the public_network setting working together. It seems Hashicorp doesn't have a 16.04 (the public_network works on the older ones) and public_network doesn't work on the Official Ubuntu 16.04. There seem to be some workarounds, but I'm looking to make this easy for the developers to use and I don't want to have workarounds.

Are any of the other Ubuntu 16.04 boxes available have both a working public_network and are reasonable stable?

Jonathan Arnold

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode

Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jul 27, 2017, 1:06:46 PM7/27/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

So hashicorp only provides the boxes under hashicorp organization.

Some boxes from official companies focus in one user experience that doesn't fit all, but are more boxes and you can always build your one

Alvaro

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/e8ccbdff-33c7-4b70-b1f6-98db11177148%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro