HELP with WINDOWS HOST SSH

Shawn Garner

Aug 26, 2017, 9:30:20 PM8/26/17
to Vagrant
I am trying to setup a development box with Vagrant.
I can't get it where I can git clone on the box.
I've read quite a few things and tried quite a few things.
My vagrant file is at https://github.com/BusyByte/linux-dev/blob/master/Vagrantfile
I'm running Vagrant up from git bash on Windows.
All I want to do is use the same id_rsa and id_rsa.pub  from my Windows host when logged into the gui as the vagrant user.
I get this:

vagrant@vagrant:~$ git clone g...@github.com:BusyByte/twitter-statistics.git
Cloning into 'twitter-statistics'...
Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

The keys work fine on the host machine but not the box.
Can somebody help me troubleshoot this?

Shawn Garner

Aug 27, 2017, 12:05:25 PM8/27/17
to Vagrant
I think I had  a different issue than a lot of the posts I was reading.
I don't want to use git to provision.
I ended up mounting my host ssh folder to a folder on the guest and symlinking the private ssh key
Now I just have to undo some of the parts which are probably not needed.