NodeJS installation problem (via Curl)

Dmitriy Ermola

Feb 27, 2017, 8:28:38 AM2/27/17
to Vagrant
I have running Vagrant machine "ubuntu/trusty64", on host machine Windows 10.
I need to install NodeJS 6 version.
If i trying execute command
"cd ~"
"curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_6.x | sudo -E bash -"
or
"curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_6.x -o nodesource_setup.sh"
on Vagrant, it hangs for several minutes, then just closes.
Run commands as "sudo" has no effect.
Error messages do not appear.
At the same time, i successfully uploaded jQuery using the same command
On local machine command  "curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_6.x -o nodesource_setup.sh" works great.

What am i doing wrong?

Dmitriy Ermola

Feb 28, 2017, 10:00:04 AM2/28/17
to Vagrant
I found the cause of the problem

File "/etc/resolv.conf" on Vagrant contains this "nameserver 10.0.2.3".
I just added "nameserver 8.8.8.8" to the first line and it worked!

Joaquin Menchaca

Feb 28, 2017, 11:24:19 PM2/28/17
to Vagrant
Would suggest using DNS from your regular network, and if you don't have one, make one using root hints.  What I do at my place, that way don't get ISP filtered content.