New Vagrant Setup

Rajasekhar Reddy Anumula

Dec 1, 2017, 3:18:47 PM12/1/17
to Vagrant
Hello All,

I'm totally new to Vagrant and trying to set up a vagrant box on my local mac but I keep getting the below error when I try to up the vagrant

/me/ansible>vagrant up
Bringing machine 'web' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
Bringing machine 'db' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
==> web: Box 'nrel/CentOS-6.5-x86_64' could not be found. Attempting to find and install...
    web: Box Provider: virtualbox
    web: Box Version: >= 0
The box 'nrel/CentOS-6.5-x86_64' could not be found or
could not be accessed in the remote catalog. If this is a private
box on HashiCorp's Vagrant Cloud, please verify you're logged in via
`vagrant login`. Also, please double-check the name. The expanded
URL and error message are shown below:

Error: Unsupported proxy 'https://connsvr.abcdcom:8080', libcurl is built without the HTTPS-proxy support.

Below is my Vagrant file

# -*- mode: ruby -*-
# vi: set ft=ruby :

# All Vagrant configuration is done below. The "2" in Vagrant.configure
# configures the configuration version (we support older styles for
# backwards compatibility). Please don't change it unless you know what
# you're doing.

Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|

config.vm.box_download_insecure = true
 config.vm.define "acs" do |acs|
 acs.vm.box = "ubuntu/trusty64"
 end

  config.vm.define "web" do |web|
    web.vm.box = "nrel/CentOS-6.5-x86_64"
    web.vm.hostname = "web"
    web.vm.network "private_network", ip: "192.168.33.20"
    web.vm.network "forwarded_port", guest: 80, host: 8080
  end

  config.vm.define "db" do |db|
    db.vm.box = "nrel/CentOS-6.5-x86_64"
    db.vm.hostname = "db"
    db.vm.network "private_network", ip: "192.168.33.30"
  end
end

I was following the documentation on vagrantcloud.com . Any help would be highly appreciated.

Raj

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Dec 2, 2017, 10:39:29 AM12/2/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Here is the error:
Error: Unsupported proxy 'https://connsvr.abcdcom:8080', libcurl is built without the HTTPS-proxy support.

Can you try to set the proxy var to be http instead of https ?

Alvaro.

Rajasekhar Reddy

Dec 2, 2017, 11:41:49 PM12/2/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
can you tell me how do i do that ?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/746A2BC3-BD36-41C4-96CC-F4B8DE137965%40gmail.com.

Cheers,

Rajasekhar Reddy.A

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Dec 3, 2017, 6:14:03 AM12/3/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

At some point you or someone did configure a proxy in the machine you are using.

I don't have all the information.

usually is a variable like

http_proxy=
https_proxy=