How do I skip SMB mounting that fails?

andr...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2017, 1:02:18 AM10/11/17
to Vagrant
vagrant 2, virtualbox provider.

On `vagrant up` after some other output I'm getting:

==> default: Mounting SMB shared folders...
The guest operating system of the machine could not be detected!
Vagrant requires this knowledge to perform specific tasks such
as mounting shared folders and configuring networks. Please add
the ability to detect
this guest operating system to Vagrant
by creating a plugin or reporting a bug.

How do I switch off the SMB share mounting so that I'm not getting this error. (The guest OS would not support SMB and it is not wanted).

Thanks,
Andrew

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 11, 2017, 4:10:02 AM10/11/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
please share your Vagrantfile

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/be361906-7a47-4fbb-ba0a-1896acda7fc6%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

andr...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2017, 3:13:21 PM10/11/17
to Vagrant
# -*- mode: ruby -*-
# vi: set ft=ruby :

Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
  config.vm.box = "rancheros_virtualbox.box"
end

Please find my vagrantfile above.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 7:02 AM, <andr...@gmail.com> wrote:
vagrant 2, virtualbox provider.

On `vagrant up` after some other output I'm getting:

==> default: Mounting SMB shared folders...
The guest operating system of the machine could not be detected!
Vagrant requires this knowledge to perform specific tasks such
as mounting shared folders and configuring networks. Please add
the ability to detect
this guest operating system to Vagrant
by creating a plugin or reporting a bug.

How do I switch off the SMB share mounting so that I'm not getting this error. (The guest OS would not support SMB and it is not wanted).

Thanks,
Andrew

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode

Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 12, 2017, 11:40:47 AM10/12/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
So you need to disable the implicit share folder:

Disabling the default /vagrant share can be done as follows:

config.vm.synced_folder ".", "/vagrant", disabled: true

Thanks
Alvaro

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/45b57741-b2d6-4d7a-a668-4f7d9dc6d6a8%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

andr...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2017, 4:59:29 PM10/12/17
to Vagrant
Thank you so much! This worked like a charm!

--
Alvaro