Vagrant failed to initialize at a very early stage:

Igor Maneschy

Jul 2, 2013, 11:27:17 AM7/2/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello this error has occurred frequently, and I do not think how to avoid it, could someone help me?

"Vagrant failed to initialize at a very early stage:
It appears that you've ran a newer version of Vagrant on this computer. Unfortunately, newer versions of Vagrant change internal directory layouts that cause older versions to break. This version of Vagrant cannot properly run.
If you'd like to start from a clean state, please remove the Vagrant state directory: /Users/user/.vagrant.d "

tks

Vladimir Varbanov

Dec 17, 2013, 8:49:52 AM12/17/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
after removing the directory I'm experiencing this error.

Vladimir Varbanov

Dec 17, 2013, 8:50:43 AM12/17/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
I've got this:

Vagrant failed to initialize at a very early stage:

The home directory you specified is not accessible. The home
directory that Vagrant uses must be both readable and writable.

You specified: D:/Users/user/.vagrant.d

Sascha Vogt

Dec 18, 2013, 5:57:46 AM12/18/13
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vladimir,

Am 17.12.2013 14:50, schrieb Vladimir Varbanov:
> I've got this:
>
> Vagrant failed to initialize at a very early stage:
>

> The home directory you specified is not accessible. The home
>
> directory that Vagrant uses must be both readable and writable.
>

> You specified: D:/Users/user/.vagrant.d
Is your Windows User really called "user"? If so does the directory
D:\Users\user and D:\Users\user\.vagrant.d exist? Can your user create
directories in D:\Users\user?

Greetings
-Sascha-

osayande omondiagbe

Feb 1, 2018, 10:07:24 PM2/1/18
to Vagrant
You need to make the folder ~/.vagrant.d belongs to your current user