Is there a complete list of variables for Vagrantfiles?

Paul Hoffman

May 30, 2017, 10:30:31 PM5/30/17
to Vagrant
Greetings. From looking at the Networking section of the doc, I suspect that there may be clauses for config.vm.network that are not shown in the text. However, I don't see a complete list that I can scan. Does such a list exist somewhere as doc? If not, where in the source (shudder) would I want to look?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 31, 2017, 3:24:12 AM5/31/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

So will be some part in core vagrant and then the implementation on the provider/guest so will be all over different places.

ie:

What are you after? In terms of what kind of network setup you want to do?

Alvaro.

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 4:30 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings. From looking at the Networking section of the doc, I suspect that there may be clauses for config.vm.network that are not shown in the text. However, I don't see a complete list that I can scan. Does such a list exist somewhere as doc? If not, where in the source (shudder) would I want to look?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/5ba8e377-9e9e-4f12-99f2-5eb2c739ac91%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Paul Hoffman

May 31, 2017, 10:07:14 AM5/31/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
>So will be some part in core vagrant and then the implementation on the provider/guest so will be all over different places.

Drat.

>What are you after? In terms of what kind of network setup you want to do?

I want to know how much I can fiddle. For example, with a public_network, can I set the netmask and gateway? For IPv6, what are my addressing options? And so on.

--Paul Hoffman

Paul Hoffman

Jun 2, 2017, 11:09:11 AM6/2/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
One last nudge on this. It would be great if there was a list somewhere of all the settings that one can make in a Vagrantfile for the various kinds of networking. Networking is an important feature of Vagrant, and the three types of networking are quite different.