unable to vagrant up with newly created box from packer

Jungsuk Lee

Apr 28, 2017, 3:54:11 AM4/28/17
to Vagrant
I think i found a bug in Vagrant.

When I converted an AMI in AWS into vagrant box, the artifact was successfully created.
So I could get vagrant box for the image in AWS.

But When I execute

vagrant box add odoo/path/to/box ----> successfully added

vagrant init odoo----> Vagrantfile successfully created

vagrant up ----> here is an error

Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
==> default: Box 'odoo' could not be found. Attempting to find and install...
    default: Box Provider: virtualbox
    default: Box Version: >= 0
==> default: Box file was not detected as metadata. Adding it directly...
==> default: Adding box 'odoo' (v0) for provider: virtualbox
    default: Downloading: odoo
    default:
An error occurred while downloading the remote file. The error
message, if any, is reproduced below. Please fix this error and try
again.

Couldn't open file /C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/Odoo/vagrant_odoo_theme/odoo

Is there any solution for this bug?

Thanks

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Apr 28, 2017, 7:29:32 AM4/28/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Jungsuk Lee <eric....@gmail.com> wrote:
vagrant up ----> here is an error

is not a bug.

by default, vagrant will use virtualbox.

2 options.

one, use vagrant up --provider aws

two, add this to your project.

config.vm.provider "aws"