Vagrantcloud private box always returns 404 when trying to download

brunom

Aug 16, 2017, 12:03:52 PM8/16/17
to Vagrant
Hi there,

I am not sure if this group would be the right one to post this ... however I will start here before posting something on GitHub as I am uncertain where one would ask for support for Vagrantcloud (we have a paid plan, etc but where to find support is unclear to me, as a paying customer). Maybe that'd be the first question :)

Second: I have created a new revision and released it of a private box that we use as our SOE base for devs. We have two providers we care about for vagrant, virtualbox and vmware. Both are created via packer in Atlas and published using a post-processor. I can see the boxes via the web UI on vagrant cloud, I can see that vagrant sees the latest version when I do `vagrant box add ... ` ... however, all my colleagues and myself are getting:

==> box: Adding box 'waysact/trusty64' (v26) for provider: virtualbox
An error occurred while downloading the remote file. The error
message, if any, is reproduced below. Please fix this error and try
again.

The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

I generated a new token in vagrant cloud just in case, that token is now in the env in a clean session/shell ... still. My colleague is setting up a new machine, clean env ... same.

So, the questions I have are:

- any hints on how I can debug exactly what payload is being sent (HTTP etc)?
- how do I get support on Vagrant Cloud specifically?

Cheers

/B

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Aug 16, 2017, 12:14:53 PM8/16/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
for paid support or unsure email sup...@hashicorp.com

if the box is private, then they should get access to the box first then use vagrant login to make sure they will use their creds to be able to see/download private boxes

feel free to email sup...@hashicorp.com

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/eb96efea-e5f9-48b9-8b64-d758b6b6ec8d%40googlegroups.com.