network driver issue

Jagadeesh N. Malakannavar

Sep 17, 2016, 3:49:10 AM9/17/16
to Vagrant
Hello,

I have taken windows 2012R2 ova file and created vagrant box using virtualbox. It is noticed that this box does not have appropriate network drivers.
Wanted to know if I am missing something? Or there is another way to supply network drivers in such cases.

Thanks

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Sep 17, 2016, 8:03:23 AM9/17/16
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
any luck contacting the people who shared the OVA file with you?

once the VM have started open Virtualbox gui
shutdown the VM
go to settings, change the network driver. not sure which one will work driverless in that version of Windows, I think Intel e1000 is very standard

turn on the VM with vagrant up

does work?
you can add to the Vagrantfile VBoxManage commands that are run before the VM is turned on, check how to use VBoxManage (Virtualbox Documentation) and get the line you want Vagrant to run for you.

And add it to vagrant in the format documented here:

config.vm.provider "virtualbox" do |v|
  v.customize ["modifyvm", :id, "--cpuexecutioncap", "50"]
end

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/465dc403-7ab2-4b6d-a7ae-ab202f05078a%40googlegroups.com.