Spanish keyboard symbols won't type

ferares

Apr 3, 2018, 4:22:02 PM4/3/18
to Vagrant
Hi, I'm having an issue where I can't type "\" or "@" in the vm's terminal using a spanish keyboard layout on windows, has anyone experienced this?

Whenever I pressed any of those symbols nothing gets typed, if I change the keyboard layout to english then I can type symbols.

This wasn't happening when using previous versions of Vagrant and VBox.

Vagrant version: 2.0.2
Virtual box version: 5.2.8
OS: Windows 10 1709 build 16299.309

Thanks for any tip on how to fix this.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Apr 4, 2018, 4:19:12 AM4/4/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Can you say versions where this works, and versions where this doesn't work?

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/67f01a21-7ec3-4982-983c-87a06ff8fc16%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

ferares

Apr 4, 2018, 9:06:03 AM4/4/18
to Vagrant
This works as expected in versions:
Vagrant: 1.9.8
VBox: 5.1.30

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 10:22 PM, ferares <fera...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I'm having an issue where I can't type "\" or "@" in the vm's terminal using a spanish keyboard layout on windows, has anyone experienced this?

Whenever I pressed any of those symbols nothing gets typed, if I change the keyboard layout to english then I can type symbols.

This wasn't happening when using previous versions of Vagrant and VBox.

Vagrant version: 2.0.2
Virtual box version: 5.2.8
OS: Windows 10 1709 build 16299.309

Thanks for any tip on how to fix this.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode

Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Apr 4, 2018, 11:05:47 AM4/4/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
and If you only upgrade vagrant ? keep same virtualbox version

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/be8f510a-1e82-481c-a3b1-e7ef80056e19%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

ferares

Apr 4, 2018, 6:18:09 PM4/4/18