Beginner looking for help

Guy Lemaire

Oct 14, 2016, 2:09:34 PM10/14/16
to Vagrant
Sorry for my English I speak French ...
I am an belgian french speaking artist and bad for programming enough but I try ....
I would like to install a neural transfer style and I know it's a challenge for me.
I follow a step by step tutorial.
Unfortunately I already blocked with Vagrant from the start.
I am running windows 10
Here is what happens!

PS D:\vagrant\bin\image-dreamer> vagrant up
Vagrant failed to initialize at a very early stage:

The directory Vagrant will use to store local environment-specific
state is not accessible. The directory specified as the local data
directory must be both readable and writable for the user that is
running Vagrant.

Local data directory: D:/vagrant/bin/image-dreamer/.vagrant
PS D:\vagrant\bin\image-dreamer>

Whatever I do my directories are read only and non-writable.
Someone patient he wants to help me just please!
Thank you

Guy

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 14, 2016, 4:07:41 PM10/14/16
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guy

I am chilean (spanish) speaker that speaks no dutch and lives near Rotterdam.

As for your question.

When you install vagrant, its the best let it install on the default path.

c:\hashicorp\vagrant

then, your user need to have permissions on 3 directories.

say your user is guy

your home will be

c:\Users\Guy

The base directory for vagrant base boxes (templates) will be

c:\Users\Guy\.vagrant.d

Any VirtualBox you create will be stored here:

c:\Users\VirtualBox VMs

Then, you can have a project in any directory, in your case seems on d:\ drive.

I will say, please start easy and confirm all works:

c:
cd c:\Users\<user>

mkdir precise64
cd precise64
vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise64
vagrant up

^ does that works?

Thanks
Alvaro.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/fe22d1b2-8db8-41aa-9285-e70e2dbf42bb%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Guy Lemaire

Oct 15, 2016, 12:22:07 PM10/15/16
to Vagrant

 Thank you Alvaro.... I will try but first thank you for your kindness ....