vagrant on windows behind proxy

Chris Smith

Dec 11, 2017, 2:35:38 PM12/11/17
to Vagrant
I'm running vagrant on a Win10 machine behind Websense.   When I try to download boxes from some URLs, they simply do not work. If I go to the URL directly in a browser, I can get there, but not from vagrant.

I've sent pcap to my security team for troubleshooting.   I'm wondering, however, what mechanism does vagrant use to perform the download?.   Is it a wget thing, a git clone-y kind of thing, or something completely different?  If it's an external kind of thing like git, I could try the same command on my machine to see if that fails, too, and it would be something else I could pass along to my sec team.

Thanks!

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Dec 11, 2017, 3:40:06 PM12/11/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
you know the proxy url?

you can set the variables http_proxy and https_proxy to the proxy address

That is for the vagrant tool

then inside the guest you need to setup the proxy again if you want to have access to internet

git may work if the protocol is over https, not sure over ssh

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/2541ffee-bcfb-48e0-bdcd-bf6782e18521%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro