Vagrant code to build a 2-node Oracle RAC cluster in VirtualBox

fabe...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2017, 8:59:46 AM11/20/17
to Vagrant
Vagrant version : 2.0.1
Guest OS : Oracle Linux 7.4

I have an Oracle Linux 7.4 vagrant base box. I would like to build a 2-node Oracle RAC cluster. I want to build 2 RAC VMs and attach shared disks (for ASM) to both of these VMs.
Where can I find the vagrant code for this requirement ??

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Nov 20, 2017, 5:41:49 PM11/20/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
for the disk part you can use something like this:

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/a9132a38-ab27-4bd5-8977-015d4b8d3452%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

fabe...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2017, 8:21:08 AM11/21/17
to Vagrant
Thank You Alvaro.
 I am new to vagrant.
 Is there a way I could check the code for syntax errors before I execute the code?

 My only programming knowledge is on Oracle PL/SQL where IF statements end with an END IF as shown below in Courier New font.
 But vagrant's IF statements end with just an "end" keyword which can be confusing if not intended very clearly.

 if condition then
   --statements
elseif condition then
    -- more statements
else
    -- other statements;
end if;

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 2:59 PM, <fabe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Vagrant version : 2.0.1
Guest OS : Oracle Linux 7.4

I have an Oracle Linux 7.4 vagrant base box. I would like to build a 2-node Oracle RAC cluster. I want to build 2 RAC VMs and attach shared disks (for ASM) to both of these VMs.
Where can I find the vagrant code for this requirement ??

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode

Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Nov 21, 2017, 11:41:54 AM11/21/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

Vagrant is written in ruby, and Vagrantfile use ruby as a lang.

The code I did share it works.

I build a shared disk setup for clusters and oracle rac too.

Alvaro.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/e8c7d345-cb4a-454b-852a-d77dcd6b8029%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Jake Pollmann

Nov 27, 2017, 6:23:29 PM11/27/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
I had luck in the past with:

It looks like it is out of date now, but could be some good inspiration.

JP