Randomly killing my vagrant box?

Chris Tate-Davies

Sep 18, 2017, 9:37:38 AM9/18/17
to Vagrant
I've used Vagrant for quite a long time now. I've just set up a new MacBook Pro and I'm not struggling. My vagrant seems to just halt itself randomly through the day...

I scanned through the syslog but couldn't find anything, so I tailed it and left it. The last few lines before the "closed connection" are this:

Sep 18 12:41:47 vagrant systemd[1]: Started Session 2 of user vagrant.

Sep 18 12:41:47 vagrant systemd[1998]: Reached target Timers.

Sep 18 12:41:47 vagrant systemd[1998]: Reached target Paths.

Sep 18 12:41:47 vagrant systemd[1998]: Reached target Sockets.

Sep 18 12:41:47 vagrant systemd[1998]: Reached target Basic System.

Sep 18 12:41:47 vagrant systemd[1998]: Reached target Default.

Sep 18 12:41:47 vagrant systemd[1998]: Startup finished in 18ms.

Sep 18 12:41:47 vagrant systemd[1]: Started User Manager for UID 1000.

Sep 18 12:46:35 vagrant systemd[1]: Started Session 3 of user vagrant.

Sep 18 12:51:41 vagrant systemd[1]: Started Session 4 of user vagrant.

Sep 18 12:56:40 vagrant systemd[1]: Starting Cleanup of Temporary Directories...

Sep 18 12:56:40 vagrant systemd-tmpfiles[2259]: [/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/var.conf:14] Duplicate line for path "/var/log", ignoring.

Sep 18 12:56:40 vagrant systemd[1]: Started Cleanup of Temporary Directories.

Connection to 127.0.0.1 closed by remote host.

I am using a Ubuntu 16.04 VM through VirtualBox 5.1.26 on Vagrant 2.0.0 on my MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Sep 18, 2017, 10:09:22 AM9/18/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
I have seen in the past some people get VMS suspended when they run out of memory.

How much memory your host have?

How many VMS you are usually running, and how much ram to each of them?

Thanks
Alvaro.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/868b6ddb-f170-40e6-8fbf-85001ebd2b0c%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Chris Tate-Davies

Sep 18, 2017, 11:31:14 AM9/18/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
My MacBook has 8GB and I allocated 1GB to my vagrant. It doesn't seem
to halt unless I leave it (i.e. don't utilise it)

It hasn't died for over an hour now... Its sporadic at best.

Thanks for reply.
>> email to vagrant-up+...@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
>> msgid/vagrant-up/868b6ddb-f170-40e6-8fbf-85001ebd2b0c%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/868b6ddb-f170-40e6-8fbf-85001ebd2b0c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> Alvaro

> Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vagrant-up/ml1ucHLuy4E/unsubscribe.
> vagrant-up+...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0eyMu%2B4geJgQkEmBk-XxMUSKdMvyMPiGR9jcsCgH7e%2BZ5A%40mail.gmail.com.

Chris Tate-Davies
Developer, CETA Software
p: 01993 768468 a: 3 Meadow Court, Witney, OX28 6ER
s: www.cetasoft.net e: ch...@cetasoft.net
<https://www.facebook.com/cetasoftware>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/ceta-software>

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Sep 18, 2017, 1:17:02 PM9/18/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

is not related to your mac going to sleep/hybernation ?

>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
>> msgid/vagrant-up/868b6ddb-f170-40e6-8fbf-85001ebd2b0c%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/868b6ddb-f170-40e6-8fbf-85001ebd2b0c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> Alvaro

> Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vagrant-up/ml1ucHLuy4E/unsubscribe.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAGDyBROW6G0%3DTwd99jxXDDDDHkS1RrnO5nJxa45LoE8nAVWGPQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Alvaro

Chris Tate-Davies

Sep 18, 2017, 3:15:49 PM9/18/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
No, I wondered that too, but I've just left it for 30 minutes to have
a nap and the Vagrant is still up