Vagrant 1.9.4 not using ATLAS_TOKEN on Windows 10

Ian Koenig

May 1, 2017, 5:46:03 PM5/1/17
to Vagrant
Setup;

Vagrant 1.9.4 64bit
Windows 10 64bit
2 versions of the boxes loaded into Artifactory named centos73-virtualbox-0.1.0.box & centos73-virtualbox-0.2.0.box.

I am attempting to add a box from a Artifactory Vagrant Repo that requires authentication.   As such I have the ATLAS_TOKEN set in my environment along with VAGRANT_SERVER_URL.

(NOTE:  These have been changed to protect the innocent)

I attempt to add the box using "vagrant box add 'https://artifactory.url/artifactory/api/vagrant/VAGRANT/centos73'".

I get this generic message:
---
==> box: Box file was not detected as metadata. Adding it directly...
A name is required when adding a box file directly. Please pass
the `--name` parameter to `vagrant box add`. See
`vagrant box add -h` for more help.

When I dig into the output from --debug I see this clear error.

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 401 Unauthorized

What am I doing wrong here?

vagrant-debug.log

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 2, 2017, 3:36:04 AM5/2/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Ian Koenig <iguy...@gmail.com> wrote:

If this didn't require auth, you can do:

vagrant box add --name centos73 --provider virtualbox https://artifactory.url/artifactory/api/vagrant/VAGRANT/centos73

If the url requires auth you can try https://user:pass@url/path

--
Alvaro

Ian Koenig

May 2, 2017, 9:57:53 AM5/2/17
to Vagrant
Thanks Alvaro.   That helped more testing to get to the root cause here.

The issue is that the Artifactory Vagrant repo was hung up and wasn't indexing the repo location.