How to configure IP and network on VMWARE vSphere using Vagrant?

ashok vaddevalli

Aug 11, 2017, 2:05:42 PM8/11/17
to Vagrant
I have created guest Windows VM on vsphere using Vagrant vsphere provider. In template it's already configured IP and network, using this template I need to create multiple VM's and configure with different IP's.
How to configure IP on guest VM using Vagrant?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Aug 11, 2017, 4:57:46 PM8/11/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

i think we need to back out of vagrant first.

if you have a template with a fixed IP on it, you can use only one.

Vagrant won't help there.

So, you can implement a DHCP, save a new template that uses DHCP, and then vagrant can spin more than one.

Vagrant talks to VCSA and query information about the VM (so you need to have vmtools there) and will grab the IP that got assigned.

from there vagrant will be able to connect to this new VM using the user vagrant and the known public/private ssh key.

Alvaro.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 8:05 PM, ashok vaddevalli <ashokva...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have created guest Windows VM on vsphere using Vagrant vsphere provider. In template it's already configured IP and network, using this template I need to create multiple VM's and configure with different IP's.
How to configure IP on guest VM using Vagrant?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/0b02a92a-f7d6-4726-a0fd-23b8e6925664%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro