how to simulate network with firewall?

axel...@cognotekt.com

May 17, 2017, 11:32:22 AM5/17/17
to Vagrant
hi all,

I want to fool around with a network firewall (opnSense) and test a couple of settings. For this I want to create the following setup:

(INTERNET) -> [opnSense box] -> [server-behind-firewall]

which means:
  • the opnSense box should have 2 network interfaces, one to "the internet" (a bridge), one to a private network
  • the server-behind-firewall should have one network interface, same network as the "private" one of the opnSense box
  • the opnSense box should NOT run a provisioner, but boot from an ISO
  • the server-behind-firewall SHOULD

is this possible with vagrant? or do I have to set this up by hand in (e.g.) virtualbox?

I already failed in mounting an ISO, not running *one* provisioner, and creating multiple NICs to different networks - so basically on each topic :D

any help appreciated!

cheers,

axel.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 17, 2017, 3:42:16 PM5/17/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 5:32 PM, <axel...@cognotekt.com> wrote:
NOT run a provisioner, but boot from an ISO

hello

NOT run a provisioner, but boot from an ISO

this part is doable but not easy.

so i would suggest try to get that working first.

as an example check this

Alvaro

--
Alvaro