ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED: I think NFS based, possibly ...

Ian Robert Douglas

Jan 2, 2018, 5:36:24 PM1/2/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Need some help. I’m very poor with code.

Something has gone wrong with my Vagrant-based Wordpress installs.

I think it’s NFS based, but I’m not sure.

Vagrant 2.0.1
Virtualbox 5.1.30
Macos High Sierra

Everything was working fine the last time I checked (I don’t do web development work often).

Meanwhile, I don’t know if this is relevant, but it may be:

1. Trying to set a home network so my kids can watch movies on their iPads, I found only NFS would work to share movies via WIFI. SMB was failing, for some reason.
2. Part of this was installing a preferences pane that allowed for NFS sharing of specific folders.

When I tried vagrant up on one of my installs, I got a series of errors reporting that my exports file contained entires to unmounted drives (these were the movies drives I had earlier shared via NFS, that the preferences pane had basically written to the exports file).

As Vagrant is for the moment more important than movies (sorry, kids), I disabled the preferences pane and manually emptied my exports file.

Vagrant up no longer reported errors, but still couldn’t connect via my browser:

This site can’t be reached
site1.dev refused to connect.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

But I can ping the site.
And I can SSH into the VM

I tried restarting Apache in the VM. No difference.
I tried flushing my DNS cache. No difference.
I turned file sharing off in my System preferences (I’d been using it for sharing the movies). No difference.
Tried rebooting my machine. No difference.

After vagrant up I can see that my hosts file contains the right entry for the vagrant install.
I checked my vagrantfile, which anyway hasn’t changed since I last had the site up and running.
The exports file contains the right info, so far as I can tell.

So I’m out of ideas. But at present, I cannot access any of my vagrant installs.

I tried vagrant destroy followed by vagrant up. No difference.

On vagrant up I get the usual Guest Additions errors, but I think it’s not critical.

Something else is not working.

I’d be so grateful if anyone with more expertise than I have can point me in the right direction to a fix.

best wishes,
ian

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jan 2, 2018, 6:47:04 PM1/2/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
google chrome forces https for .dev now

site1.dev refused to connect.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

try other browser or other domain

alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/4F3DABE9-584D-484A-A3C0-44C1459B81D4%40gmail.com.

Alvaro

Ian Robert Douglas

Jan 2, 2018, 6:59:05 PM1/2/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
LOL.

That was it! Thank you, Alvaro!

I had tried Safari, but now that I look more closely, it does the same thing as Chrome.

Firefox works.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ey5VQR7ZGiYxmCozq24cZWyZfhrR8rxsbfrL27uMFRSGQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jan 3, 2018, 2:21:10 AM1/3/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello!

Sure thing, not a problem.

If you need any other help, just share it here

:)

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode

Alvaro