what is cloudimg-console.log?

Joaquin Menchaca

Mar 19, 2017, 4:30:35 PM3/19/17
to Vagrant
I was going through nomad tutorial, and it creates a 'ubuntu-xenial-16.04-cloudimg-console.log' in my local directory.  The nomad vagrant file uses 'ubuntu/xenial64', so was this something built in to use /vagrant directory and write to here.

Anyhow, this is totally cool, loving it, just want to know more about it.

Is there a packer script for 'ubuntu/xenial64' in github I could look at?

 - Joaquin

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Mar 19, 2017, 5:45:00 PM3/19/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello it came from the ubuntu/xenial box

have a look at the Vagrantfile included in the box

HOME/.vagrant.d/boxes/ubuntu-VAGRANTSLASH-xenial64/ i think inside includes is the Vagrantfile

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/cd6059d0-c01c-496d-9f7c-7282ba8ae46b%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Kirusanth Poopalasingam

May 24, 2017, 5:06:59 PM5/24/17
to Vagrant
Hello Alvaro,

I see the following lines in the Vagrantfile of that box:

  config.vm.provider "virtualbox" do |vb|
     vb.customize [ "modifyvm", :id, "--uart1", "0x3F8", "4" ]
     vb.customize [ "modifyvm", :id, "--uartmode1", "file", File.join(Dir.pwd, "ubuntu-xenial-16.04-cloudimg-console.log") ]
  end

Is there a way to disable this behaviour?

Thank you,
Kiru

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Joaquin Menchaca <joaqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was going through nomad tutorial, and it creates a 'ubuntu-xenial-16.04-cloudimg-console.log' in my local directory.  The nomad vagrant file uses 'ubuntu/xenial64', so was this something built in to use /vagrant directory and write to here.

Anyhow, this is totally cool, loving it, just want to know more about it.

Is there a packer script for 'ubuntu/xenial64' in github I could look at?

 - Joaquin

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode

Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 25, 2017, 4:04:53 AM5/25/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

YEs, you can comment those lines out.

 # config.vm.provider "virtualbox" do |vb|
 #   vb.customize [ "modifyvm", :id, "--uart1", "0x3F8", "4" ]
 #   vb.customize [ "modifyvm", :id, "--uartmode1", "file", File.join(Dir.pwd, "ubuntu-xenial-16.04-cloudimg-console.log") ]
 # end

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/f163c78e-883f-49aa-851a-0612f7011a3a%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Kirusanth Poopalasingam

May 25, 2017, 4:26:45 AM5/25/17
to Vagrant
Hello,

Unfortunately it is not that easy.

The above lines are from the above box, not from my config (taken from .vagrant.d/boxes/ubuntu-VAGRANTSLASH-xenial64/20170523.1.0/virtualbox/Vagrantfile ).

I don't want this log file created in my local directory. I have no clue, who I can ask to comment those lines ( I guess those are just for debugging purposes?).

Thanks,
Kiru

--
Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 26, 2017, 3:37:29 AM5/26/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
The box is from ubuntu/canonical.

is not a box made by hashicorp is thats the question.

Try to reverse what they do:

Vagrant.configure(2) do |config|

  config.vm.provider "virtualbox"

  config.vm.box = "ubuntu/xenial64"

  config.vm.provider "virtualbox" do |vb|

     vb.customize [ "modifyvm", :id, "--uartmode1", "disconnected" ]

  end

end

So far, on my test didn't generated the log.

Alvaro.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/b4749575-466d-4f95-a080-01f49880b441%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Kirusanth Poopalasingam