Share a complete guest drive

Altug Tekin

Apr 13, 2018, 10:16:17 AM4/13/18
to Vagrant
Hi,

I recently realized that I hate windows, but unfortunately need to have a Windows VM for some applications that do not have Linux ports. (Photo/Video editing software)

I know its possible to share a specific folder using
config.vm.synced_folder "./shared_host", "/shared_guest"  .

But is it also possible to map the entire C: Drive of my windows 7 guest to my Host OS, so that I can use my nice Posix/Unix Bash to control everything on that drive?

If its not clear enough, i am looking for something like this:
config.vm.synced_folder "./shared_host", "C:\"

Thanks in advance

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Apr 14, 2018, 5:36:47 PM4/14/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
c: is an special drive, requires boot, windows so what you want to do wont work

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/d7208c8c-a5b7-40a2-befa-fe7c02e938e6%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro