Non-interactive `up` on Windows host

matthias...@delair-tech.com

Feb 2, 2018, 4:03:30 AM2/2/18
to Vagrant
Hi guys,

I'm new to Vagrant. On a Windows host, every time I run the `up` command I'm asked for a network selection and a user name and password for setting the samba share if I understand well. What are the best practice to remove those interactive steps?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Feb 2, 2018, 4:49:15 AM2/2/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

If you are consuming this from other person the best will be to reach out to them, otherwise you will be out of sync

first point will be check the documentation of vagrant on networking and the shared foldr

Alvaro

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 10:03 AM, <matthias...@delair-tech.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm new to Vagrant. On a Windows host, every time I run the `up` command I'm asked for a network selection and a user name and password for setting the samba share if I understand well. What are the best practice to remove those interactive steps?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/35dcd4e2-4d30-4963-b128-1ad77bafced8%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

matthias...@delair-tech.com

Feb 2, 2018, 6:57:16 AM2/2/18
to Vagrant
first point will be check the documentation of vagrant on networking and the shared foldr

You're right; For samba shares the documentation explains how to set username and password: https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/synced-folders/smb.html#options.

Still looking for a solution to select the right virtual switch automatically.
--
Matthias

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Feb 2, 2018, 8:42:10 AM2/2/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
You can add a private_network and that will be used between host and vm, i havent tested in a while but that should work

if not, you can add a public_network, then copy paste the name of the interface into the bridge option

Step 1
config.vm.network "public_network"

vagrant reload, copy the name of the network

Step 2

config.vm.network "public_network", bridge: "the_name_here"
vagrant reload

Thanks
Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode