On vagrant up, ERR 404 for Err http://security.ubuntu.com lucid-security/main Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.23 80]

שביט גור

May 8, 2017, 2:46:39 AM5/8/17
to Vagrant
Why does'nt it finds this IP, when I go gstright to the IP address - it is exists...

first '/base ' could not be found, and I did: "vagrant box add base http://files.vagrantup.com/lucid32.box"
for the list of the boxes:"vagrant box list" I received the following:"base <virtualbox, 0>"

what should I do in order to finish the vagrant up witn success?

שביט גור

May 8, 2017, 4:29:04 AM5/8/17
to Vagrant

attached log file,
vagrant.log

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 8, 2017, 7:06:10 AM5/8/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:29 AM, שביט גור <sg.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
vagrant box add base http://files.vagrantup.com/lucid32.box"

Hello

this is not right:
use

vagrant box add hashicorp/precise32

vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise32

when ready

vagrant up

Alvaro

--
Alvaro

שביט גור

May 8, 2017, 7:15:07 AM5/8/17
to Vagrant
does it refer to 32 bit in oposite to 64?
so, If I have 64 bit, I need it to be :
vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise64 ?

Shavit

שביט גור

May 8, 2017, 9:39:39 AM5/8/17
to Vagrant
still does not work after this commands.

why?

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 9, 2017, 3:45:32 PM5/9/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

please move one step at the time, since I am not sure what works, what doesnt.

Please confirm.

You did install virtualbox.
- Can you create a VM?
- Does it boot?

You did install Vagrant.
- Confirm you did reboot after install if on windows.
- Did you try hashicorp/precise32, start this vm works?

Alvaro

Gur Shavit

May 10, 2017, 11:41:04 AM5/10/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

Confirm:

You did install virtualbox.- YES
Inline image 1
- Can you create a VM?
I think that I do:
Inline image 2
- Does it boot?I dont know how?

You did install Vagrant.YES
- Confirm you did reboot after install if on windows. YES
- Did you try hashicorp/precise32, start this vm works? I do not understant what should I do to test this?

For now I can see the vagrant is eventually up, the problem is now with the SSH keys : I do not know if this is you to address to or not? and what to do...
Inline image 3

Best regards,

Shavit

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ewD57Fcz-DTkQo9QL4%3DeF-YeBP-gr779u6-G_x-LA9KVg%40mail.gmail.com.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 10, 2017, 2:47:46 PM5/10/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello
you can ssh in the box with vagrant ssh

if you read the message you beed to have ssh.exe program

you can install msysgit , open bash and use vagrant from there

alvaro

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAOxvDvTWovjO4w_mwWfn5x_HL-jeBdEi85uVYFuu9iy1XirZ%2BA%40mail.gmail.com.

Alvaro

Gur Shavit

May 10, 2017, 3:32:58 PM5/10/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hi,

I will do it.
pls answer the questions I asked before:
1. virtualbox- Does it boot?I dont know how?
2. Vagrant-- Did you try hashicorp/precise32, start this vm works? I do not understant what should I do to test this?

Thanks,
Shavit

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 11, 2017, 2:21:12 AM5/11/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

Open virtualbox, create a vm manually, put the iso, install the OS, reboot, etc, and test is a VM inside virtualbox, without vagrant works.
This will tell you your host + virtualbox works, since this is a pre-requirement for vagrant.

For 2. the idea is.

create a VM using hashicorp/precise32, see if gets created without error, and you can use it.

The VM is linux, so it will require some linux knowledge so you can connect and use the VM.

mkdir precise32
cd precise32
vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise32
vagrant up
vagrant status

if up to here there is no errors

vagrant ssh

you will connect to the VM, run it, test connectivity, etc

then try with a 64 bit vm.

mkdir precise64
cd precise64
vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise64
vagrant up
vagrant status

if there is no errors, then vagrant ssh

after that we will be sure 32bit works, 64bit works and we can move to more interesting stuff

thanks

Gur Shavit

May 14, 2017, 7:07:03 AM5/14/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

still do not understand what to do? the same msg:
Inline image 1

I have vagrant, I have VM. why the SSH keys is not valid? this is your last instructions:

"
hello
you can ssh in the box with vagrant ssh

if you read the message you beed to have ssh.exe program

you can install msysgit , open bash and use vagrant from there

alvaro
"
but I do not understand what to do?

Shavit

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

May 14, 2017, 4:35:33 PM5/14/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hi

windows doesnt have a ssh.exe program

you need to install one, and make it available to PATH.

the easies way is if you install msysgit, and using the bash shell you run vagrant from there.

I am sorry if all this is difficult, so let me help you a bit.

install this:

once installed you will have a program called bash

open it and run vagrant from there

vagrant ssh will work, since on this environment there is a ssh.exe among other tools.

Alvaro

Gur Shavit

May 15, 2017, 5:38:18 PM5/15/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.

Gur Shavit

May 15, 2017, 10:00:04 PM5/15/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
may be the problem of the ssh keys is a path? I can see the path that mentioned in the screenshot, but there is no rsa.*pub file ads in the documentations...

Best regards,

shavit