Re: Vagrant on VMWare setup: Noob needs help

Message has been deleted

wi...@netpozitive.com

Jul 13, 2017, 7:01:53 PM7/13/17
to Vagrant

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 5:00:36 PM UTC-6, wi...@netpozitive.com wrote:
I have successfully installed Vagrant on Virtualbox in the past but I appear to be out of my depth with VMWare Workstation, although truthfully there are some very clear instructions online for installiing Vagrant on Virtualbox. Not so much for Workstation which is most of my difficulty.

I have followed the instructions here: http://amallory.com/tag/vvv/

When I attempt vagrant up I get the following:

C:\>vagrant up
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'vmware_workstation' provider...
==> default: Verifying vmnet devices are healthy...
==> default: Preparing network adapters...
==> default: Starting the VMware VM...
An error occurred while executing `vmrun`, a utility for controlling
VMware machines. The command and output are below:

Command: ["start", "C:/.vagrant/machines/default/vmware_workstation/4dd62ed9-bff9-496b-a813-cbbe62323734/precise64.vmx", "nogui", {:notify=>[:stdout, :stderr], :timeout=>45}]

Stdout: Error: Unknown error

Stderr:

Any assistance would be very much appreciated, especially if someone could direct me to a clear set of step by step instructions. I am setting this up for local Wordpress development via VVV.  I'm working on Windows 10 (if that matters).

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jul 17, 2017, 4:15:17 AM7/17/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

If you want to use vagrant with VMWare Desktop products, please note that vagrant requires a paid plugin. and that VMWare Workstation is installed and fully licenses.

Please send an email to sup...@hashicorp.com

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/d77351ba-79a7-42df-ad38-0a54db9f69c1%40googlegroups.com.