Vagrant Up freezes in Windows 7 Professional

lam...@lamnco.com

Jul 15, 2017, 3:48:26 AM7/15/17
to Vagrant
Hi, everyone.

I have googled and also gone through posts in this Vagrant forum but was not able to find a solution.
Essentially, I can get to "vagrant up" and then the screen just freezes there indefinitely.  I suspect I am leaving out a simple step somewhere but I can't tell which step and where it is missing from.

I am on Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 and have all updates to-date.

I took a screen shot of what I did and pasted it into Word and now can't get it out - but, I can see the bitmap so I will type out exactly what the Command Prompt shows up to the point "vagrant up" freezes:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Desktop>vagrant version
Installed Version: 1.9.7
Latest Version: 1.9.7

You're running an up-to-date version of Vagrant!

C:\Users\Desktop>vagrant plugin list
vagrant-share (1.1.9. system)

C:\Users\Desktop>mk dir precise64

C:\Users\Desktop>grant init -m hashicorp/precise64
A 'Vagrantfile' has been placed in this directory.  You are now
ready to 'vagrant up' your first virtual environment!  Please read the comments in the Vagrantfile as well as documentation on 'vagrantup.com' for more information on using Vagrant.

C:\Users\Desktop>vagrant up
_

The underscore above is the cursor in the Command Prompt and there's where it just freezes.  I have to use Control-C to stop the process.  I then continued following Mr Alvaro Miranda Aguilera's suggestions (which I got from https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vagrant-up/SLeQqG7_bds) and typed:
set VAGRANT_LOG=debug
vagrant up
The log then says the following.  I hope someone can help out and I look forward to hopefully getting a solution.
Thanks.
Regards,

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/provider/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: provider command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/provision/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: provision command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/push/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: push command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/rdp/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: rdp command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/reload/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: reload command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/resume/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: resume command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/snapshot/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: snapshot command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/ssh/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: ssh command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/ssh_config/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: ssh-config command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/status/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: status command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/suspend/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: suspend command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/up/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: up command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/validate/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: validate command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/commands/version/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: version command

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/communicators/ssh/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: ssh communicator

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/communicators/winrm/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: winrm communicator

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/communicators/winssh/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: windows ssh communicator

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/amazon/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Amazon Linux guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/arch/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Arch guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/atomic/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Atomic Host guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/bsd/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: BSD-based guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/coreos/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: CoreOS guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/darwin/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Darwin guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/debian/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Debian guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/dragonflybsd/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: DragonFly BSD guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/elementary/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Elementary guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/esxi/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: ESXi guest.

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/fedora/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Fedora guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/freebsd/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: FreeBSD guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/funtoo/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Funtoo guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/gentoo/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Gentoo guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/kali/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Kali guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/linux/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Linux guest.

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/mint/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Mint guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/netbsd/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: NetBSD guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/nixos/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: NixOS guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/omnios/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: OmniOS guest.

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/openbsd/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: OpenBSD guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/photon/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: VMware Photon guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/pld/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: PLD Linux guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/redhat/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Red Hat Enterprise Linux guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/slackware/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Slackware guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/smartos/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: SmartOS guest.

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/solaris/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Solaris guest.

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/solaris11/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Solaris 11 guest.

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/suse/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: SUSE guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/tinycore/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: TinyCore Linux guest.

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/trisquel/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Trisquel guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/ubuntu/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Ubuntu guest

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/guests/windows/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Windows guest.

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/arch/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Arch host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/bsd/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: BSD host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/darwin/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Mac OS X host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/freebsd/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: FreeBSD host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/gentoo/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Gentoo host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/linux/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Linux host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/null/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: null host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/redhat/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Red Hat Enterprise Linux host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/slackware/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Slackware host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/suse/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: SUSE host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/hosts/windows/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Windows host

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/kernel_v1/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: kernel

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/kernel_v2/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: kernel

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/providers/docker/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: docker-provider

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/providers/hyperv/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: Hyper-V provider

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/providers/virtualbox/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: VirtualBox provider

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/provisioners/ansible/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: ansible

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/provisioners/cfengine/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: CFEngine Provisioner

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/provisioners/chef/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: chef

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/provisioners/docker/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: docker

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/provisioners/file/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: file

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/provisioners/puppet/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: puppet

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/provisioners/salt/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: salt

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/provisioners/shell/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: shell

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/pushes/atlas/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: atlas

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/pushes/ftp/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: ftp

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/pushes/heroku/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: heroku

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/pushes/local-exec/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: local-exec

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/pushes/noop/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: noop

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/synced_folders/nfs/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: NFS synced folders

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/synced_folders/rsync/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: RSync synced folders

DEBUG global: Loading core plugin: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagra

nt-1.9.7/plugins/synced_folders/smb/plugin.rb

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: SMB synced folders

 INFO global: Loading plugins!

DEBUG global: Loading plugin `vagrant-share` with default require: `vagrant-shar

e`

 INFO manager: Registered plugin: vagrant-share

DEBUG global: Successfully loaded plugin `vagrant-share`.

 INFO vagrant: `vagrant` invoked: ["up"]

DEBUG vagrant: Creating Vagrant environment

 INFO environment: Environment initialized (#<Vagrant::Environment:0x00000003cf6

428>)

 INFO environment:   - cwd: C:/Users/Desktop

 INFO environment: Home path: C:/Users/Desktop/.vagrant.d

DEBUG environment: Effective local data path: C:/Users/Desktop/.vagrant

 INFO environment: Local data path: C:/Users/Desktop/.vagrant

DEBUG environment: Creating: C:/Users/Desktop/.vagrant

 INFO environment: Running hook: environment_plugins_loaded

 INFO runner: Preparing hooks for middleware sequence...

 INFO runner: 1 hooks defined.

 INFO runner: Running action: environment_plugins_loaded #<Vagrant::Action::Buil

der:0x00000003d506d0>

 INFO environment: Running hook: environment_load

 INFO runner: Preparing hooks for middleware sequence...

 INFO runner: 1 hooks defined.

 INFO runner: Running action: environment_load #<Vagrant::Action::Builder:0x0000

0003b36818>

 INFO cli: CLI: [] "up" []

DEBUG cli: Invoking command class: VagrantPlugins::CommandUp::Command []

DEBUG command: 'Up' each target VM...

 INFO loader: Set :root = ["#<Pathname:C:/Users/Desktop/Vagrantfile>"]

DEBUG loader: Populating proc cache for #<Pathname:C:/Users/Desktop/Vagrantfile>

DEBUG loader: Load procs for pathname: C:/Users/Desktop/Vagrantfile

 INFO loader: Loading configuration in order: [:home, :root]

DEBUG loader: Loading from: root (evaluating)

DEBUG loader: Configuration loaded successfully, finalizing and returning

DEBUG push: finalizing

DEBUG command: Getting target VMs for command. Arguments:

DEBUG command:  -- names: ["default"]

DEBUG command:  -- options: {:provider=>nil}

DEBUG command: Finding machine that match name: default

 INFO loader: Set "27809540_machine_default" = []

 INFO loader: Loading configuration in order: [:home, :root, "27809540_machine_d

efault"]

DEBUG loader: Loading from: root (cache)

DEBUG loader: Configuration loaded successfully, finalizing and returning

DEBUG push: finalizing

 INFO subprocess: Starting process: ["C:\\Windows\\System32\\WindowsPowerShell\\

v1.0\\/powershell.EXE", "-NoLogo", "-NoProfile", "-NonInteractive", "-ExecutionP

olicy", "Bypass", "-Command", "(new-object System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrin

cipal([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent())).IsInRole([Syst

em.Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole]::Administrator)"]

 INFO subprocess: Command not in installer, restoring original environment...

DEBUG subprocess: Selecting on IO

DEBUG subprocess: stdout: True

lam...@lamnco.com

Jul 15, 2017, 4:21:06 AM7/15/17
to Vagrant
vaI feels a little strange replying to my own question but shortly after I posted my original question, I discovered that further information may be required in order to identify the solution:

I am using Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1.22.
My host OS has been described earlier: Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 and all updates to-date.
If I open the Virtualbox GUI, I am able to start and stop running the Virtual Machine, that is, upon start, the Windows 7 launches properly and I can use the Windows 7 start button and to shut down properly.
As for "Outside vagrant, are you able to create and start VMs?", I am not clear what this means as I created and started a Virtual Machine using Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1.22 without using Vagrant at all.

In any case, I went INTO the Virtual Machine which I had made and inside there, I downloaded Vagrant and did exactly the same thing (as I did outside the Virtual Machine), that is, I typed and Command Prompt responded in exactly the same way:

C:\Users\Desktop>vagrant version
Installed Version: 1.9.7
Latest Version: 1.9.7

You're running an up-to-date version of Vagrant!

C:\Users\Desktop>vagrant plugin list
vagrant-share (1.1.9. system)

C:\Users\Desktop>mk dir precise64

C:\Users\Desktop>grant init -m hashicorp/precise64
A 'Vagrantfile' has been placed in this directory.  You are now
ready to 'vagrant up' your first virtual environment!  Please read the comments in the Vagrantfile as well as documentation on 'vagrantup.com' for more information on using Vagrant.

C:\Users\Desktop>vagrant up
_

And finally, I got to exactly the same freezing point as before.
Thanks.
Regards,

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jul 17, 2017, 4:13:36 AM7/17/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

Whats your Vagrantfile?

It seems to start the VM and then execute powershell.

try

vagrant up --no-provision

does it hang?

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/1b8fe219-d7a5-4f94-81a3-644006e5c062%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Elena Shmoylova

Jul 19, 2017, 4:08:45 PM7/19/17
to Vagrant
I had the same issue on the same platform. Updating Windows Powershell as suggested in https://github.com/geerlingguy/drupal-vm/issues/231 seems to have solved it for me.

Alvaro

lam...@lamnco.com

Jul 24, 2017, 12:26:06 AM7/24/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
Dear Mr Alvaro,
Thanks very much for your very prompt response.
I have since managed to solve my problem by uninstalling vagrant 1.9.7 and downloading Vagrant 1.5.1 and Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.8 (as suggested at https://github.com/semmypurewal/node-dev-bootstrap/issues/13).  After that, I managed to vagrant up in accordance with Learning Web App Development, Feb 2014, First Edition, Semmy Purewal, page 184.
Once again, thanks for your fast reply and your effort but I have managed to get my problem solved by rolling back to those earlier versions.
Thanks.
Regards,
Philip
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0ew3YN5%2Bvs3MbOV9Z%2B303t06t1jdNspF8W2rgU4wN4k_pA%40mail.gmail.com.